NXP QorIQ LS1012A is a single core Cortex A53 communication processor that offers a 64-bit update to LS1021A dual core Cortex A7 processors found in gateways such as NXP LS1021A-IOTA IoT gateway reference design, and F&S Elektronik System has just launched efus A53LS system-on-module powered by the processor with up to 1GB RAM, up to 64SQPI NOR, access to the communication interfaces and peripherals from the processor via an efus compliant edge connector, and long term availability until 2030.
- Processor – NXP QorIQ Layerscape LS1012A single core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 800MHz
- System Memory – 512MB DDR3 by default, supports up to 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – Up to 64MB QSPI NOR flash on-module, I/Os for SATA and SD card on edge connector
- Connectivity – 2x Realtek RTL8211F(N) Gigabit Ethernet transceiver chips, optional wireless module with dual WiFi IEEE802.11b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- efus edge connector with
- 1x SDIO
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet
- 1x USB 3.0 OTG port
- 1x CAN, 1x UART
- 1x PCIe
- 1x SATA
- Supply Voltage – +5VDC/ ±5%
- Power Consumption – 1W typ.
- Operating Temperature Range – 0°C to +70°C; optional -20°C to +85°C
- Dimensions – 47 x 62.1 x 11 mm
- Weight – ~15g
The module comes with u-boot installed in the NOR flash, and supports Linux built with either Buildroot or the Yocto Project.
The company will also provide efus A53LS-SKIT starter kit including a SoM and a baseboard pre-loaded with Linux, as well as a cable kit and access to the documentation and software, and EAGLE hardware files. No details have been made available for the starter kit so far. Support is offered over their forums, or a workshop can be organized if needed.
All info and documentation is still preliminary, but efus A53LS computer-on-module, and starker kit are expected to launch this quarter. More information should eventually surface on the product page. [Update April 2018: efus A53LS starter kit is now available for 169 Euros]