Calao Systems has introduced a new system-on-module compliant with SGET SMARC specifications, and powered by Nvidia Tegra K1 quad core Cortex A15 processor, that targets embedded systems for vision, video, data analytic and high computing applications.
Calao SMC-NTEK1-IXX module specifications:
- SoC – Nvidia Tegra K1 quad core Cortex A15 processor with a Kepler GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3L
- Storage – 8 GB e-MMC, 8 MB SPI Flash, 1x EEPROM with unique S/N and MAC address
- Security – 1x Trusted Platform Module (TPM), 1x Crypto Authentication
- I/Os via MXM3 edge connector:
- Storage – SATA 3Gb/s, 1x SDIO
- Video Output – 1x LVDS, 1x HDMI
- Video Input / Camera – 2x CSI
- Audio I/F – 1x I2S, 1x S/PDIF Out
- Debugging – 1x JTAG
- Network connectivity – 1x Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 Host, 1x USB 2.0 OTG
- 1x PCIe x1
- 4x UART, 1x SPI, 3x I2C, 12x GPIO
- Sensors – 1x Temperature, Humidity & Pressure Sensor, 1x 3 Axis Accelerometer
- Power Supply – 5V
- Dimensions – 82 x 50 mm (SMARC form factor)
- Temperature range – Operating: – 25°C to +85°C
There’s basically no information about software support, but the flyer implies Barebox and Linux built with either buildroot or the Yocto Project are both supported, and possibly Ubuntu.
The module can be found in Fireball platform (PAC-1212-SMC-NTEK1-EXX) with a baseboard and an enclosure. Connectors include two mini PCIe slots, two Gigabit Ethernet ports, several USB ports, headphone out, microphone in, and a serial port. Fireball also includes an RTC and battery, as well as an industrial grade SATA drive.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|