Allwinner and Qualcomm announced a partnership last year to help Chinese manufacturers design entry-level LTE tablets based on Qualcomm Snapdragon processors, and Allwinner collaborated with Emdoor one several designs including EM-QL8170 LTE tablet with a Snapdragon 210 processor and a 6.98″ display.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (MSM8909) quad core Cortex A7 processor up to 1.3 GHz with Adreno 304 GPU @ 400 MHz
- System Memory – 1 or 2 GB DDR3L
- Storage – 8 or 16 GB flash + micro SD slot
- Display – 6.98″ IPS touchscreen display with 1280×720 resolution
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, and GPS
- Cellular Connectivity – LTE Cat 4 with 2x micro SIM card slots
- Camera – 2.0MP front-facing camera, 8.0MP rear camera
- Audio – 1x microphone, 1x 3.5mm audio jack, likely some speaker somewhere…
- USB – 1x micro USB port
- Battery – 2850 mAh battery
- Dimensions – 189.7 x 97.7 x 7.8 mm
- Weight – 248 grams
The phone runs Android 5.1 and will cost a little over $70 (FOB), which could translate to $120 to $140 on sites like Aliexpress. Emdoor also has various other Qualcomm/Allwinner design all with Snapdragon processor, including a rugged smartphone as you’ll find out in Charbax’ video below.
Emdoor sells about 9 millions tablets (full designs and PCB) per year, mostly through partners, as they work with over 100 companies around the world, and around 50 local partners in mainland China to sell their devices, so you may end up buying an Emdoor tablet under another brand name. You’ll find a few more details on Emdoor EM-QL8170 product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|