GPD HK launched GPD WIN Windows 10 portable gaming console with a Cherry Trail Atom x7 processor and a 5.5″ display last year on Indiegogo, and while the crowdfunding campaign works very well with over $700,000 raised, the company realized many people just wanted an affordable portable computer, so they removed the joyticks, increased the display size, and upgraded the processor in their GPD Pocket 7″ portable computer powered by an Intel Atom X7-Z8750 SoC and pre-loaded with either Windows 10 Home or Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
- SoC – Intel Atom x7-Z8750 quad core Cherry Trail processor @ 1.6 / 2.56 GHz with a 16EU Intel HD graphics Gen9
- System Memory – 8GB LPDDR3-1600
- Storage – 128GB eMMC flash
- Display – 7″ multi-touch display with 1920×1200 resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio; Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Video Output – micro HDMI port for final model (prototype has mini HDMI port)
- Audio – Realtek ALC5645, built-in stereo speaker, microphone, 3.5mm headset jack
- Connectivity – 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 type C port with power/data/audio/video support，1x USB 3.0 type A port
- Keyboard – QWERTY keyboard
- Sensors – Gravity Sensor,Hall sensor
- Battery – Non-removable 7,000 mh Li-Po battery good for about 12 hours
- Dimensions – 180 x 106 x 18.5 mm (material: magnesium alloy)
- Weight – 480g
The portable computer will ship with a 5V/2.5A charger (US plug), an international warranty card good for one year, and a specification sheet. Note that it won’t be fanless, as it’s cooled with a “copper radiator pipe, a large-diameter heat output pipeline”, and and a fan.
The project has now been launched with a funding goal of $200,000 on Indiegogo, where you can get GPD Pocket with Windows 10 or Ubuntu 16.04 for $399, a $200 discount over the $599 retail price once it becomes broadly available, or so they claim. They also have other rewards including a USB type C hub, and discounts for multiple quantities. Worldwide shipping is included in the price, and delivery is scheduled for June 2017.