Rikomagic R1 may look like a Android TV box from some angles, but it’s actually a mini projector powered by Rockchip RK3128 quad core processor, with 1GB RAM, 32GB storage, with many of the port of featuring found on a TV box, plus a 854×480 DLP LED projector.
Rikomagic R1 projector specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3128 quad core Cortex A7 processor @ 1.2 GHz with Mali-400MP2 GPU
- System memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 32GB NAND flash + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- DLP technology with 0.3″ DMD + RGB LED with 1000 lumens (TBC), likely based on Texas Instruments DLP3000.
- Resolution – 854×480 (WVGA)
- Contrast ratio – 2000:1
- Projection – Area – 30 to 120″; distance: 1 to 5 meters; ratio: 1.19:1
- Keystone correction – automatic, vertical: -/+ 40 degrees
- Manual focus
- Video Input – HDMI 1.4 port
- Audio – 3.5mm earphone jack, built-in speaker(s)
- Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 b/g/n WiFi, and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x USB OTG port
- Misc – IR receiver, touchpad on top of enclosure, power button, reset pinhole
- Power Supply – 5V/2.5A via power barrel
- Battery – 5,000 mAh @
- Dimensions – 137 x 82 x 24mm
The projector runs Android 4.4, and ships with an HDMI cable, an IR remote control, a power supply, and a tripod.
In some way Rikomagic R1 is very similar to Doogee P1 with a quad core processor running Android 4.4, an WVGA DLP projector, and a battery. R1 however adds HDMI input, a micro SD port, a larger eMMC flash, an audio jack, and an IR receiver. The resolution may seem low, but based on my experience with Doogee P1 review, it’s perfectly usable. The stated luminance of 1,000 lumens contrast a lot with the 70 lumens listed for Doogee P1, but it’s probably because one is expressed in raw lumens and the other, in effective lumens.
Rikomagic R1 is not for sale yet, but considering Doogee P1 goes for about $160, I’d expect the new projector to be little more expensive due to the extra features. More details may be available on the product page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|