F&S Elektronik Systeme GmbH will showcase their solutions at Embedded World 2017 next week, including their latest ARM Cortex A53 modules and boards based on NXP QorIQ LS1012A, and Qualcomm Snapdragon 410E processors. Today, I’ll write about the later with the company’s armStone A53SD pico-ITX single board computer equipped with up to 32GB flash and 8GB memory.
armStone A53SD board specifications:
- Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 410E quad core ARM Cortex-A53 processor @ up to 1.2 GHz with Adreno GPU
- System Memory – Up to 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage – Up to 32GB eMMC flash, 1x micro SD card slot
- Display – 24-bit LVDS, DVI up to 720p, I2C for touch controller
- Audio – Line In/Out/Mic via header
- Connectivity – 1x 10/100M Ethernet, WiFi IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR/4.1 LE
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 2.0 device port
- Camera – MIPI-CSI connector
- Expansion – Unpopulated 66-pin header with 1x CAN 2.0, 2x UART, 1x I2C, 1x SPI, up to 32 digital I/Os, etc…
- Power Supply – 5V DC/±5%
- Power Consumption – 4W typ.
- Dimensions – 100x72x15mm (PICO-ITX form factor)
- Weight – ~60g
- Temperature Range – 0°C – +70°C; optional: -20°C – +85°C
The company provides support for Linux Buildroot & Yocto Project, as well as Windows 10 IoT for the board. armStone A53SD-SKIT starter kit will be sold with either Linux or Windows 10 IoT, and includes a set of cables and access data for the download area.
F&S armstone A53SD SBC will be available in Q3 2017 at an undisclosed price. Visit the product page for a few more details.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
6 Replies to “F&S Elektronik armStone A53SD Pico-ITX SBC Features Qualcomm Snapdragon 410E Processor”
There’s a lesson for 96boards somewhere in this : )
cnxsoft, it would be great if you review KIII Pro by VideoStrong or AceMax (is it the same company?), which currently is the only one in the market who offers an android box with S912 and DVB-T2.
Notice that there is also a version with a similar name that has dual WiFi external antennas, but no tuner.
I don’t understand why they write DVB at the headline and then don’t write it in the specs (but the name of the product remains the same…).
I have also looked in VideoStrong Alibaba store, and seen so many similar offers – so I don’t understand why do they have different offers for the same thing… Maybe I just don’t understand Alibaba…
(One difference is that AceMax is at aliexpress).
And there is a huge price difference between various offers – 85$ vs 149$ for one unit… Are the high prices just a scam?
cnx-soft: from you I just ask to review the actual performance of the unit.
VideoStrong contacted me about that, so maybe I’ll get a KIII Pro sample.
AceMax is a customer of VideoStrong.
8GB? That’s hard to believe. 8Gb, maybe.
For what it’s worth, RAM shown on the picture is a Nanya 256T32 device = 256M x 32 = 8Gb.