Android speakers with a touchscreen display has been around for a while, but Clarify speaker adds support for both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant’s “OK Google”. The 5W stereo speaker also comes with a quad core processor coupled with 16GB storage and 1GB RAM, a 7″ touchscreen display, and a battery.
- SoC – Unnamed Quad core processor
- System Memory – You wish you knew
- Storage – 16GB flash + micro SD slot
- Display – 7″ touchscreen display with 1280×800 resolution
- Video Output – HDMI output (added with $250,000 stretch goal)
- Audio – 2x 5W speaker, built-in microphone, AUX port
- Connectivity – Dual band WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Camera – 2MP front-facing camera
- USB – 1x mini USB port
- Misc – Control buttons
- Power Supply
- 12V/1.5A via power barrel
- 1.600 mAh / 7.4V LiPo battery good for 6 hours of music playback or 2.5 hours of video playback.
- Dimensions – 326 x 110 x 160 mm
- Weight – Around 1 kg
The system will run Android 5.1, although Android 6.0 is also mentioned, and what makes it stand apart from previous similar models, is that the company added support for Alexa and Google Assistant’s “OK Google” to control the device with voice commands like you would on your phone.
Claritry speaker’s project has been running on Indiegogo for about a month, and it has surprisingly been successful having raised $230,000 so far. All “very early bird” rewards are gone, but you could still pledge $149 to get Clarity speaker with a charging cable, a user manual, and one year warranty. Shipping is free to the US, and $15 to the rest of the world with delivery scheduled for June 2017.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|