PiPo has been one of the first company to take advantage of Microsoft policy of providing a free license for Windows 10 for devices with smaller touchscreen displays with mini PCs such as PiPo X8 that includes a 7″ display, saving $25 to $35 on the Windows 10 license for such products without displays. Shenzhen Qianhai Gole Technology (Gole) has also been selling similar devices on their Aliexpress store, and the company is now taking to Indiegogo to launch their latest model, dubbed GOLE1, featuring a 5″ touchscreen display, and fitting in your pocket.
- SoC – Intel Atom x5-Z8300 “Cherry Trail” quad core processor @ 1.44 GHz / 1.84 GHz with Intel Gen8 HD graphics (2W SDP)
- System Memory – 2 or 4 GB DDR3L
- Storage – 32 or 64 GB NAND flash + micro SD slot up to 64GB
- Display – 5″ capacitive touchscreen display with 1280×720 resolution; 5 point touch
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 port
- Audio I/O – HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0 with external antenna
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x micro USB port
- Misc – Power , volume and back buttons
- Battery – 2600mAh battery good about about 2 hours of typical use
- Power Supply – 5V/2.4A
- Dimensions – 135.4 x 90.4 x 20 (aluminum case)
- Weight – 200 grams (maybe)
The mini PC runs a dual OS firmware with Windows 10 Home and Android 5.1 with Google Play store. That means the space will really be tight for Windows 10 if you go with the 32GB version, as in my experience even Windows 10 only mini PC with 32GB storage get filled pretty quickly. It all depend on your use case, but the 64GB version is probably more suitable for most people.
The early bird rewards include the 2GB RAM and 32GB flash version for $79, and the 4GB RAM and 64 GB storage version for $99. One reward also include a 2.5″ HDD case magnetically connected to the mini PC, and that supports up to 2 TB HDD. Shipping (by DHL) is not included and adds $26, which brings the early bird prices to $105 and $125. Delivery is scheduled for July 2016. If you’re not comfortable with getting involved in the crowdfunding campaign, but are interested in the product, it will certainly be sold via the company’s Aliexpress store in due time.