Xiaomi has unveiled its latest phone with Mi 6 smartphone equipped with a 5.15″ display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor, 6GB RAM, 64 or 128GB storage, and more.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snpadragon 835 octa-core Kryo 280 processor with 4x cores @ 2.45 GHz, 4x cores @ 1.9 GHz, Adreno 540 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0 full, Vulkan, DX12, Hexagon 682 DSP
- System Memory – 6GB LPDDR4X dual channel memory
- Storage – 64 or 128 GB UFS 2.0 flash; NO micro SD card
- Display – 5.15″ capacitive touch display with 1920×1080 resolution, 428ppi
- Audio – Speakers; microphone; NO 3.5mm audio jack
- Cellular Connectivity
- 2G: GSM 2/3/5/8; CDMA: BC0
- 3G: WCDMA B1/2/5/8; TD-SCDMA: B34/39
- 4G: FDD-LTE: B1/3/5/7/8, TDD-LTE:38/39/40/41
- Dual Nano SIM card dual standby
- Other Wireless Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU
- Camera – 12.0MP+12.0MP dual back camera; 8.0MP front-facing camera
- USB – USB type C port
- Sensors – Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Distance sensor, Ambient light sensor, Hall sensor, electronic compass, barometer
- Battery – 3,350mAh Lithium battery
- Dimensions – 145.17 x 70.49 x 7.45mm
- Weight – 168 grams
The phone runs MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1, and the company claims its Antutu score is over 180,000 points. With those specifications Xiaomi Mi 6 would be a great candidate for convergence applications, but AFAIK the company has not provided any “desktop experience” software, nor docking station.
The phone ships with a USB tType-C cable, an eject pin for the SIM card slots, a user manual, and a power adapter. The 4GB/64GB sells in China for 2,499 CNY ($362), and 6GB/128GB version for 2,899 CNY ($USD421). GeekBuying has already started to take pre-orders for respectively $481.99 and $565.99 shipped, with actual shipping scheduled for in about one month.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|