E-ink is known with their e-paper technology with the same name, that is used in e-book readers and some signage applications, but the company demonstrated some their prototypes and customer’s products at SID’s Display Week in Los Angeles last month, with some capabilities I had not seen before.
Some of the notable solutions and products include:
- 10.2″ foldable e-book reader prototype based on the company’s flexible Carta Mobius plastic display with 220 ppi
- A dress that can change colors using E-ink Prism film that was made for a fashion exhibition in Japan.
- A 42″ active matrix E-ink digital signage display
- Various examples of products based on E-ink such as smartwaches (e.g. Sony FES Watch U), e-book readers, flexible displays…
- NFC Smartcard with E-ink display that has the same thickness as normal smartcard, but can be used to display account balance, price of last purchased item, etc…
- QuirkLogic Quilla interactive and connected 42″ E-ink whiteboard / ewriter.
You see all those in the video shot by Charbax embedded below.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|