When I first wrote about Zidoo H6 Pro TV box powered by Amlogic H6 “6K” media processor last week, I expected the launch to take place in several weeks or months, as no other company listed their Allwinner H6 TV box(es) on Alibaba. So today, I was surprised to find out GearBest and GeekBuying are both taking pre-orders for $99, with shipping expected around August 11 – 15 according to the page on GearBest, and in around 3 days according to GeekBuying.
The specifications have not changed since last week…:
- SoC – AllWinner H6 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor up to 1.8GHz with Mali-T720MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR4
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash, micro SD card reader up to 32 GB
- Video Output – 1x HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60hz with HDR support, AV port (composite)
- Video Playback Support
- H.265/HEVC Main/Main10 profile @ level 5.2 high-tier up to 4K @ 60fps / 6K @ 30 fps
- VP9 Profile 0/2, up to 4K @ 30fps
- H264/AVC BP/MP/[email protected], MVC, up to 4Kx2K @ 30fps
- MKV, MP4, Blu-ray ISO, 3D MVC…
- SmartColor 3.0 image optimization engine
- Audio I/F – HDMI, AV port (stereo audio), optical S/PDIF; DTS and Dolby supported
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 (AP6255)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports including on OTG port, 1x USB3.0 port on other side. An external power needed if USB connects to over 1TB mobile HDD.
- Misc – IR receiver, reset/recovery button behind AV port, front panel display (TBC)
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 105.6mm x 105.6 mm x 17.5 mm
The box runs Android 7.0 with a revamped ZIUI user interfaces, and ships with a Bluetooth remote control, a HDMI cable, a power adapter, and a user manual.
I’m starting to wonder whether Allwinner signs exclusivity deals with some partners. For example, if you want an Allwinner R40 or V40 board, you can only do so through SinoVoIP (Banana Pi), and in the case of Allwinner H6, I can only see Zidoo using the processor in their product. Either that, or all other companies are running away from Allwinner 😉