$20 Android TV box promotions are fun. After last month, Rockchip RK3229 based A95X R1 TV box promotion, GearBest has another one with Allwinner H2(+) based Sunvell R69 TV box powered by Allwinner H2 processor sold for $19.99 with coupon R69GB.
If you have no interested in Android, the good news is that since it’s based on Allwinner H2+, you can likely run Armbian images, or the recently released RetrOrangePi 4.0 with minor modifications, to have a $20 Linux server or game console.
Sunvell R69 TV box specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner H2 quad core Cortex A7 processorwith Mali-400MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB flash + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 1.4 output up to 1080p60, AV port (composite video + stereo audio)
- Video Codec – H.265 / H.264 up to 1080p
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (via XR819 chipset)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 9 x 9.5 x 1.8 cm
- Weight – 200 grams
The box runs Android 4.4, meaning Kodi 16.1 is the most recent version you can run. With all the 4K TV box on the market now, it’s worth nothing this one is limited to Full HD.
A few reviews can be found on the web including the one below by Mr Baz Reviews.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.