Geniatech ATV495 Max was the first model from the company to get official Android TV certifications. There now a bunch of those ATV OEM devices, but if you want one with a digital TV tuner, then the choice is much more limited, and so far, I only heard about ARRIS set top boxes.
Geniatech ATV598 Max can now be added to the list, as the company informed me the Amlogic quad core hybrid TV box with ATSC, DVB-T2, or DVB-C tuner had just received official Android TV certification from Google too.
- SoC – Amlogic S905D quad core Arm Cortex-A53 processor up to 1.5 GHz with penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 (optional 1GB)
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a;
- Audio – Via HDMI, optical output, optional Dolby support
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi or 802.11 b/g/ac WiFi module, Bluetooth
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Tuner – Optional ATSC/DVB-T2/DVB-C/ISDB-T tuner, 75 Ohm antenna input (coaxial or F-connector)
- Power Supply – 5.0V/2A
- Dimensions – 132 x 126 x 27.5 mm
- Weight – 250g
The box ships with a HDMI cable, a user manual, a power adapter, and a remote control
ATV598Max runs Android TV 7.1, and the certification also includes Google Mobile Service (GMS) with the Play Store and other Google apps, as well as support for features such as Google Cast and Google Voice Search. The tuner software supports EPG, schedule recording, timeshift and parental control functions.
More details can be found on the product page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|