Zidoo has some news for their Realtek RTD1295/RTD1296 powered devices such as Zidoo X8, X9S, or X10. First, the company will soon release a firmware update that includes Poster Wall 2.0, an app that display movie posters and information in a concise and eye-pleasing way.
The company is also working on a higher-end player called Zidoo X20 Pro powered by RTD1296 expected to launch in a few weeks, once beta testing is complete, and firmware looks stable enough.
Zidoo X20 Pro RTD1296 Media Player
- SoC – Realtek RTD1296 quad core Cortex A53 processor with ARM Mali-T820 MP3 GPU
- System Memory – 4GB DDR4
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash, 2x SATA 3.0 bays for 2.5 or 3.5″ drives
- 2x HDMI 2.0a output ports with HDCP 2.2, 4K 60 Hz
- 1x HDMI 2.0 input with HDCP 2.2 supporting PiP, stream recording, and UDP broadcasting
- 1x RCA composite output
- Decode – HDR10, 10-bit HEVC / H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.264 up to 4K @ 24 fps, automatic frame rate switching (23.976 and 29.94 fps supported)
- Full BD menu function
- ESS 9038 DAC
- 7.1-ch HD audio pass-through via HDMI
optical and coaxial S/PDIF
- RCA stereo audio
XLR Audio output
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11ac 2T2R MIMO WiFi up to 867 Mbps, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 2x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB type C port
- Misc – RS232 port, IR input port, IR output (blaster) ports, front panel display, power switch
- Power Supply – Built-in, 100-240VAC 1.3A 50/60 Hz input
- Material – Smoke-colored aviation aluminum alloy case
- Dimensions – 46 mm thick (excluding antennas)
- Weight – 6 kg (package)
Zidoo Poster Wall 2.0
What the company has announced however is their Poster Wall 2.0 app that will be part of future firmware for Zidoo Realtek devices. Some of key features include
- Background stage /dynamic refresh of poster and movie data
- Sidebar to filter movies by type (Blu-ray, 4K, 3D, Children), and watch status
- Details information about each movie with summary, video format, actors, etc…
- Rating system for parental control (e.g. PG-13)
- Multi-storage devices support including thumbdrives, SATA drives, external USB drives
- Customization of posters and background images via editing function
- Four different views of posters.
- Search function by year, genre, video type, name…
- Automatic album matching to classify films from the same series (e.g. Star Trek movies / series all stored in the same folder)
You can watch a demo of Zidoo Poster Wall below.
The features should be included in the next firmware update for X9S and X10 (X8 won’t be supported).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
5 Replies to “Zidoo Unveils Poster Wall 2.0 App, High-end Zidoo X20 Pro RTD1296 Media Player Coming Soon”
Just another fork of Kodi / XBMC or?
If we can get Linux running on this, wow!!! Free from Meltdown/Spectre too 😉
I guess that’s an es9038q2m, not the much pricier es9038pro ?
Anyway, that’s too bad that nice balanced audio section can’t be used as a dac or as a chromecast built-in.
pure media player
it will be better support Netflix HD or maybe even 4K
sorry for bad English
I have a Linux kernel booting on another RTD1296 device. The question will be which boot sources the bootloader allows and which drivers you’d need for this one – Synology appears to use PCIe for SATA storage (which I don’t have ready yet), whereas most other devices such as Zidoo X9S have been using native AHCI, which I do have working on my GitHub branch. But no display or USB etc. drivers yet, and network driver not yet working, so not yet usable as media player. For mainline sadly I’ve been stuck on discussions about the interrupt controller patches. Anyway, contributions welcome, so far it has been just me, no “we”. 😉