ADL Embedded Solutions has recently announced ADLEPC-1520 embedded mini PC powered by a dual or quad core Intel Atom Bay Trail-I processor, supporting wide temperature range, and long term 15 years availability for industrial applications and environments.
The computer also includes an expansion header with PCIe, SATA, USB, SM-Bus and DisplayPort interfaces, that allows for standard or custom expansion board stackable on top of the main board.
ADLEPC-1520 specifications for the main board (ADLE3800SEC):
- SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Atom E3845 quad core Bay Trail-I processor @ up to 1.91GHz, with 2MB cache, 10W TDP
- Intel Atom E3827 dual core Bay Trail-I processor @ up to 1.75 GHz, with 1MB cache, 8W TDP
- System Memory – Up to 4GB soldered down
- Storage – 2x M.2 Key B 2242 SATA II SSD slots
- Video Output – 1x DisplayPort
- Connectivity – Dual Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0
- Security – TPM 2.0 via Intel Chipset PTT and BIOS
- BAseCon140 Expansion Connector – 1x DisplayPort/HDMI, 1x SATA, 2x USB 2.0, 2x PCIe
- Power Supply – 20 to 30 VDC input; Options for 12 to 24VDC and 24 to 36 VDC; other options via expansion board
- Operating Temperature – Standard – 0°C – 70°C; optional -40°C to 85°C screening (requires cooling plate)
- Dimensions – 9.4 x 8.65 x 5.85 cm (with case and expansion board)
- Weight – 680 grams
The company offers support for Windows and Linux including Ubuntu 16.04 and RHEL (Redhat Embedded Linux).
As for expansion boards for top half of the mini PC, there are currently three choices:
- ADLEPC-1520-A039 – Adds 2x LAN, 2x USB 2.0, 1x M.2 SATA SSD w/ Front Panel
- ADLEPC-1520-A039U – Adds 2x LAN, 2x USB 2.0, 1x UPS Module w/ Front Panel
- ADLEPC-1520-CUSTOM – Customer-Specific I/O and Power Board Development Services.
ADL Embedded expects their fanless embedded PC to be used for Industrial IoT (IIoT) Network, cloud computing, unmanned or autonomous vehicle mission/payload
computing, cyber security edge devices for ICS and SCADA threat security, traffic engineering, oil and gas IPC and more.
ADLEPC-1520 mini PC, expansion boards and other optional accessories all appear to be available now at an undisclosed price. Visit the product page for a few more details and/or request a quote.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|