After their first Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 based board called CM3-Home designed for home automation, Acme Systems has designed a new RPi CM3 carrier board called CM3-PANEL for panel PCs / tablets.
They sell four variants of their panel PC built around the board with or without WiFi module and/or 868MHz RF module, and offer customization services for people willing to purchase at least 100 pieces.
CM3-PANEL based Panel PC specifications:
- Socket for Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Display – 7″ (800×480 resolution) with 10-point capacitive touch
- Camera – MIPI connector for Raspberry Pi Camera
- Up to 24 GPIO lines available for extensions or
- LCD backlight control
- Camera led and camera shutdown control
- SPI bus (5 GPIOs)
- Hardware PWM lines (2 GPIOs)
- Serial line
- PCM line (4 GPIOs)
- I2C bus
- Model specific features:
- CM3-PANEL-W – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi @ 2.4GHz (RaLink RT5370N USB module)
- CM3-PANEL-U – 1x USB host port
- CM3-PANEL-WY – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi @ 2.4GHz (RaLink RT5370N USB module), Yarm ISM 868 MHz radio module
- CM3-PANEL-UY – 1x USB host port, Yarm ISM 868 MHz radio module
- Temperature Range – -20°C to +70°C
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.