A couple of years ago we wrote about ECS Live Station, an Intel Bay Trail mini PC with an integrated wireless charger that can be used to charge any compatible smartphone.
But as I was checking out new arrivals feed, I found out there was now a TV box that does the same thing.
Apart from the wireless charger placed on top of the device, R-TV BOX S10+ is pretty much a standard 4K TV box based on RK3328 processor:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3328 quad core Cortex A53 processor @ 1.5 GHz with Mali-450MP GPU
- System Memory – 4GB RAM
- Storage – 32 GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60 Hz with HDR10 and HLG support, 3.5mm AV port (composite)
- Video Codec – 4K VP9, H.265 and H.264. 1080p VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP6/8
- Audio – Via HDMI, AV port (stereo audio), and 3.5mm coaxial S/PDIF jack
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, single band 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – IR receiver, blue/red LED for power status
- Power Supply
- Wireless charging
- Based on AT7909 chipset
- Input voltage – 5V/9V VDC+/-5%
- Rated input current – 5V/2A; 9V-2A
- Output Max Power: 10W
- WPC QI Compliant: WPC 1.2.4 BPP (Apple 7.5W /Samsung 10W)
- Dimensions – 12 x 12 x 2.4 cm
The box runs Android 8.1 OS with Kodi 18, and ships with a 9V/3A charger, a remote control, a HDMI cable, and a user’s manual. Wireless charging is said to work with iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus & Galaxy Note 8 S8/S9/S9 Plus and all Qi-enabled devices.
While mini PCs often sit on a desk, and may be easily accessible for wireless charging, I’d assume most TV boxes are placed close to the TV, and it may be an unusual location for charging your phone.
But if you are interested, R-TV BOX S10+ is available for pre-order on GeekBuying for $69.99 with shipping scheduled in about 2 weeks.