Last week, MediaTek unveiled their Helio P22 SoC for “mid range premium” smartphones manufactured with a 12nm FinFET process, and equipped with hardware blocks to accelerate artificial intelligence applications.
Smartphones were expected later in Q2 2018, but it did not take long for the first announcement, as Vivo Y83 is one of the first Helio P22 smartphones.
Vivo Y83 specifications:
- SoC – MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) eight-core Cortex A53 processor clocked up to 2.0 GHz with Imagination PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- System Memory – 4 GB RAM
- Storage – 64 GB storage, micro SD card slot up to 256 GB
- Display – 6.22″ multi-touch IPS display with 1520×720 resolution
- Camera – 8MP front-facing camera, 13MP rear camera with auto focus and flash; 1080p mp4 video recording
- Cellular Connectivity
- Dual SIM Dual Standby SIM card slot
- 2G GSM – 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G – WCDMA: B1/B5/B8; TD-SCDMA: B34/B39;CDMA: BC0
- 4G – FDD-LTE: B1/B3/B5/B8; TDD-LTE: B34/B38/B39/B40/B41
- LTE Cat Cat-4, Cat-7 DL / Cat-13 UL
- Other Wireless Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 5, GNSS (GPS, Beidou, etc..)
- USB – 1x USB type C port
- Sensors – Gravity sensor, light sensor, gyroscope
- Battery – 3,260mAh (typical)
- Dimensions – 155.21 x 75.24 x 7.7 mm
- Weight – 150g
The phone runs Funtouch OS 4 based on Android 8.1, supports the company’s JOVI AI engine – an Artificial Intelligence assistant – which provides contextual information based on your preferences, various other AI features such as selfie beautify mode or Face Unlock, as well as split screen multi-tasking.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|