As expected after ACEPC GK1 announcement, the company has now launched ACEPC GK2 mini PC based on a slightly faster Celeron J4105 quad core processor.
Beside the processor, the new computer has very similar specifications with 4GB RAM, 32GB flash, dual HDMI, SATA interfaces for M.2 and 2.5″ drives and so on. The enclosure design is however quite different.
ACEPC GK2 specifications (highlights in bold show differences against ACEPC GK1):
- SoC – Intel Celeron J4105 quad core Gemini Lake processor clocked @ 1.50 GHz / 2.50 GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD Graphics 600; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 4GB DDR4
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash, 2.5″ SATA 3.0 drive support, M.2 SATA SSD socket up to 2TB, micro SD card slot
- Video Output – 2x HDMI 1.4 ports (Should it be HDMI 2.0 instead?)
- Audio – Via HDMI, 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports.
- Misc – Power button, LEDs, Kensington lock
- Power Supply – 30W power supply (12V/2.5A? – TBC)
- Dimensions – 14 x 14 x 4.7 cm (larger than GK1)
- Weight – 370 grams
The thing with Play/Pause mark above the HDMI port is the cover lock switch, and the opening right beside it is an anti-tamper screw. One other big difference with ACEPC GK1 is that the newer GK2 model is apparently fanless, while GK1 is cooled by a fan.
The mini PC should be running an activated version of Windows 10 Home 64-bit, and it ships with a power supply, a HDMI cable, a power adapter, and a “holder” which could be a VESA mount.
GearBest sells ACEPC GK2 for just under $200 shipped, and there does not to be variants of ACEPC GK1 since it sells for the same price ($198.99), and the same Celeron J4105 processor on GearBest. You may be able to use GBmidyear2018 coupon for a 10% discount until July 9th. If the coupon has expired, you could always check out our Coupon Codes & Promos page to find out if there’s a new one.