Mintbox Mini 2 / Mini 2 Pro (MB2M) Linux mini PC based on Intel Celeron J3455 Apollo Lake processor and running Linux mint 19 was first announced in March of this year.
Compulab has now announced availability of both models, as well as some extra add-on boards: PoE Ethernet device FACET card, 2.5″ HDD FACET card, and GPIO + serial + CANbus FACET Card.
The main specifications have not changed with the main differences between the two models between the memory and storage capacities:
- SoC – Intel Celeron J3455 quad core processor @ 1.5 / 2.2 GHz with 12 EU HD graphics; 10W TDP
- System Memory & Storage
- MB2M – 4GB DDR3L-1866 (upgradeable to 16GB via 1x 204-SO-DIMM slot) + 64GB M.2 SSD + micro SD slot
- MB2M Pro – 8GB DDR3L-1866 (upgradeable to 16GB via 1x 204-SO-DIMM slot) + 120GB M.2 SSD + micro SD slot
- Display – mini DP 1.2 up to 4K @ 60 Hz; HDMI 1.4b up to 4K @ 30 Hz
- Audio – ALC886 audio codec; stereo line-out, stereo line-in / mic, 7.1 S/PDIF out (via optional 3.5mm to SMA cable), HDMI & DP audio
- Network Connectivity – Dual Gigabit Ethernet (via Intel i211), dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 (Intel 8260AC card) with two RP-SMA antennas
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Serial – RS232 port (via micro USB port)
- Power Supply – 7V to 20V DC input
- Power Consumption – 5 to 15 Watts
- Dimensions – 112 mm x 84 mm x 34 mm (all metal housing)
- Weight – 350 grams
- Temperature Range – 0°C to 45°C
- Relative humidity – 5% – 95% non-condensing
MB2M (Pro) Linux mini PC will ship with the soon-to-be released Linux Mint 19 “Tara” distribution, but you could also install Windows 10, FreeBSD, or other operating systems or hypervisors.
MBM2 (4 GB RAM + 64 GB SSD) is sold for $299, while MBM2 Pro (8 GB RAM + 120 GB SSD) goes for $349 on Fit-io store. Various accessories – including FACET add-on cards – are also available. Compulab provides a 5-year warranty on MBM2, and 5% of sales are donated to Linux Mint, so you also contribute to the project by purchasing a Mintbox Mini 2 mini PC. The first shipments are scheduled for mid July 2018, and if you prefer to purchase through Amazon you’d have to wait until August 2018.
More details may be found on the product page.