Android tablets are not as popular as they used to be, and the choice of tablets has come down as a results. However, Xiaomi still keeps on updating their Mi Pad family every year or two years.
After NVIDIA based Mi Pad in 2014, Intel based Mi Pad 2 in 2015, and Mediatek powered Mi Pad 3 last year, the Chinese company has now launched Mi Pad 4 with a Qualcomm 660 octa-core processor and an 8″ Full HD display.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core Kryo 260 processor @ up to 2.2 GHz (1.8 GHz for the low power cluster), Adreno 512 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0 full,Vulkan, DX12, and Hexagon 680 DSP with Hexagon Vector eXtensions (HVX)
- System Memory – 3 or 4GB LPDDR4x
- Storage – 32 or 64 GB eMMC 5.1 flash, micro SD card slot up to 256 GB
- Display – 8″ capacitive touch screen LCD display with 1920 x 1200 resolution (16:10 aspect ratio)
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack, dual speaker, dual microphone
- Dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Optional 4G LTE connectivity
- TDD-LTE – B34/B38/39/40/41(100M)
- FDD-LTE – B1/3/5/7/8
- Camera – 5MP front-facing camera, 13 MP rear camera with auto-focus, dual LED flash
- USB – 1x USB type C port
- Sensor – G-Sensor
- Misc – Volume and power buttons, docking interface
- Battery – Non-removable 6,000 mAh LiPo battery good for around 12 hours of video watching, 16 hours of music listening, or 8 hours gaming
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 200.2 x 120.3 x 7.9 mm
- Weight – 342.5 grams
The most notable new feature comes with the Qualcomm processor, as AFAIK Mi Pad 4 is the first Xiaomi tablet to feature cellular connectivity, and in this case 4G LTE (Cat 12 for downlink: 600 Mbps max; Cat 13 for uplink: 150 Mbps max). Other changes include a slightly larger screen (8″ vs 7.9″) at a lower resolution (Mi Pad 3 was 2048 x 1536), Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, and buil-in AI face recognition technology likely leveraging Hexagon 680 DSP. The micro SD slot is back from the dead, as it was missing in both Mi Pad 2 & 3, the battery has a 10% smaller capacity, and the device is both slightly more compact due to smaller top and bottom bezels, and around 20 grams heavier.
The OS has been upgraded to MIUI 9 based on Android 8.x Oreo. Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 is sold for 1099 RMB and up ($165.5) in China, but we’ll also find it on GeekBuying from $239.99 (3GB/32GB/WiFI) up to $319.99 (4GB/64GB/LTE) with international shipping. GearBest is also taking pre-orders but at a higher price : $375.99 for the 4G LTE version. You may visit the product page in Chinese for a few more details.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|