Allwinner H2+ quad core Cortex A7 processor has enabled some of the cheapest Arm Linux boards on the market with products such as NanoPi Duo or Orange Pi Zero with the latter now selling for about $9 and up.
SinoVoIP also had their own inexpensive – and Raspberry Pi Zero compatible – Allwinner H2+ board with Banana Pi M2 Zero, and the company has now been working on another model dubbed BPI-P2 Zero which includes support for PoE (Power-over-Ethernet) as well as a CSI camera interface.
- SoC – Allwinner H2+ quad core Arm Cortex A7 processor with Mali-400MP GPU.
- System Memory – 512MB DDR3 SDRAM.
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot
- Video Output – mini HDMI port
- 10/100M Ethernet with PoE support
- WiFi & Bluetooth via AP6212 module
- Camera I/F – CSI camera interface
- USB – 1x USB OTG port
- Expansion – 40-pin GPIO header with UART, SPI, I2C, etc…
- Debugging – 3-pin UART header for serial console access
- Misc – Reset and power keys
- Power Supply
- 5V/2A via micro USB port
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE)
- Dimensions – 65 x 52.5mm
As noted by the company BPI-P2 Zero has very similar features compared to the earlier BPI-M2 Zero, but is wider due to the addition of an 8GB eMMC flash, an Ethernet port, and PoE function. That also means software support will be similar with both Linux and Android supported as indicated in the Wiki.
The presence of both PoE and an a camera interface means the board could be used for custom PoE IP cameras should could be connected to the network appliances like Lanner NVA-3000 machine vision computer that supports up to 8 PoE cameras.
SinoVoIP does not sell the board on Aliexpress
just yet (Update: Now launched for $16 and up see pinned comment below), but the company does offer the option to replace Allwinner H2+ with pin-to-pin compatible Allwinner H3 or H5 processor.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|