GPD Pocket 2 Kaby lake mini laptop is getting some competition with One Mix 2 Yoga pocket laptop featuring the same Intel Core M3-7Y30 processor, but coupled with 8GB RAM, and a 256 SSD, and equipped with the usual 7″ touchscreen display and QWERTY keyboard.
The product is an upgrade to the company’s One Mix Yoga powered by an Intel Atom x5 processor, and contrary top GPD Pocket 2 and the upcoming Topjoy Falcon which relied/will rely on Crowdfunding for their launch, One Mix 2 Yoga can be pre-ordered directly for $649.99 on GeekBuying with shipping planned for next month. [Update: GearBest has it too for the same price]
One Mix 2 Yoga specifications:
- SoC – Intel Core M3-7Y30 dual core / quad thread Kaby Lake processor @ 1.00 GHz / 2.60 GHz (Turbo boost) with 4MB cache, 24EU Intel HD graphics 615 @ 300 MHz / 900 MHz (Turbo boost); 4.5W TDP
- System Memory – 8GB DDR RAM
- Storage – 256GB PCIe SSD, micro SD slot up to 128 GB
- Display – 7″ 1920×1200 IPS panel with touchscreen, 360° hinge
- Video Output – micro HDMI
- Audio – Built-in speakers and microphone, 3.5mm headphone & mic jack
- Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n WiFi (WiFi 5), Bluetooth
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB type-C port
- User input – QWERTY keyboard, built-in infrared induction mouse
- Sensor – Fingerprint scanner
- Battery – 6,500mAh LiPo battery good for 12 hours (likely an exaggeration, as GPD Pocket 2 with a similar battery only claims 6 to 8 hours)
- Power Supply – USB PD via USB type-C port
- Dimensions – 182 x 110 x 17 mm
- Weight – 515 grams
One Mix 2 Yoga ships with Windows 10 Home 64-bit pre-installed, a USB charger and an English user manual. There’s also an optional 2048-level stylus which just adds $10 to the total price. In case you wonder about Ubuntu or other Linux distributions, I’m quite confident One Mix 2 Yoga should work, as Brad Linder of Liliputing tested several Linux distributions on GPD Pocket 2 which comes with a similar hardware.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.