Last year, GPD introduced GPD Pocket, a portable computer with a 7″ display powered by an Atom x7-Z8750 Cherry Trail processor and offered with either Windows 10 or Ubuntu 16.04.
The company is now back with GPD Pocket 2 model with various improvements including a significantly faster Intel Core m3-7y30 Kaby Lake processor, and offered only with Windows 10 64-bit this time around.
GPD Pocket 2 specifications:
- SoC – Intel Core m3-7y30 dual core / quad thread Kaby Lake processor @ 1.00 GHz / 2.60 GHz (Turbo) with 4MB cache, 24EU Intel HD graphics 615 @ 300 MHz / 900 MHz (Turbo); 4.5W TDP
- System Memory – 4 or 8GB LPDDR3
- Storage – 128GB internal storage, micro SDXC slot
- Display – 7″ 1920×1200 IPS panel with touchscreen, Gorilla Glass 4; 16:10 aspect ratio
- Audio – Built-in speakers and microphone, 3.5mm headphone & mic jack
- Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n WiFi up to 867 Mbps, Bluetooth
- USB – 2x USB type A ports, 1x USB type C port with data and video (DisplayPort alternate mode)
- User input – QWERTY keyboard, optical finger navigation
- Sensor – Hall sensor
- Battery – 6,800mAh LiPo battery good for about 6~8 hours
- Dimensions – 181 x 113 x 8 to 14 mm (Magnesium alloy shell)
- Weight – 465g
The mobile PC is actively cooled, but the fan can be turned off for silent computing at the cost of lower performance.. GPD Pocket 2 will ship with a fast charger (5V/3A，9V/2.67A，12V/2A), a 1-year warranty card, and a specification sheet.
The HDMI port has been removed compared to the first model, as people can use a USB-C to HDMI cable / adapter to connect the ultra mobile PC to an external monitor. The device also takes many of the features from GPD Win 2 gaming console, but with a larger and higher resolution display, and being positioned as a “household intelligent device” rather than a game console.
GPD Pocket2 has just launched in Indiegogo with the 4GB/128GB version offered for $529, and the 8GB/128GB version for $599. Shipping is free, and you should expect your reward to be shipped in October 2018. The model with 8GB RAM is by far the most popular at this stage.
GPD gave some prototypes to testers, and we already have some early reviews / first impressions.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|