In recent years, the company also introduced other Android media devices for the business sector with WeTek Hyperion 4G LTE Android TV TV box, and WeTek Nix with all DRM required for the IPTV market. But it appears WeTek is coming back to the consumer market with their Google certified WeTek Air TV box running Android TV, and equipped with DVB-T2/T/C (Europe), ATSC (US), or DVB-S2 (Worldwide) tuner.
- SoC – Quad core Arm processor (Likely S905D, TBC)
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR4
- Storage – 16 GB eMMC flash + micro SD card slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4K @ 60Hz with HDR-10 support
- Video codecs – H.265 & H.264 AVC up to 4K60Hz, H.264 MVC, MPEG-4 ASP, VC-1, AVS, MPEG-2, MPEG-1 up to 1080p60
- Audio codecs – MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, Ogg, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS
- Twin Tuners
- Europe – Digital Terrestrial and Cable Television [DVB-T/T2/C]
- World – Satellite Television [DVB-S2]
- North America – Over-the-Air Television [ATSC], Cable Television. Note: Work in progress
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 4.1, Zigbee radio
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – DC 12V/1.5A
- Dimensions – 157 x 117 x 35 mm
One of the obvious benefit of the new model is support for HDR (High Dynamic Range), and the built-in Zigbee module must be it’s also suitable for home automation, but the company did not expand on this. If the processor is indeed S905D and twin tuners are used, you’ll also be able to record one channel, while watching another at the same time.
The box runs Android TV 8.0 Oreo with WeTV app handing both IPTV and live TV from the tuner. The unit will ship with a remote control, an HDMI cable, a power adapter suitable for multiple countries, and a user manual.
Price and availability are not known at this time, but you can find out a bit more on the product page.
— WeTek (@WeTekOfficial) November 19, 2018
Thanks to Mark for the tip.