We’ve recently started seeing TV boxes based on the latest Amlogic S905X2 processor that offers slightly better speeds, USB 3.0, and several other improvements over Amlogic S905X. Models we’ve covered before including Beelink GT1 Mini, and X96 Max which started selling for under $50 with 2GB RAM and 16 GB storage at the time of the announcement.
With competition and the holiday season coming soon, prices have started to come down, and you can now get H96 Max X2 TV box with 4GB RAM, and 32GB storage for $49.99 shipped on Banggood.
- SoC – Amlogic S905X2 quad core ARM Cortex-A53 @ up to 2.0 GHz with Mali-G31 MP2 “Dvalin” GPU
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash, micro SD card slot up to 32GB
- Video & Audio Outputs
- HDMI 2.1 output up to 4K @ 75 Hz with HDR/HDCP 2.2/CEC
- 3.5mm AV port (composite + stereo audio) supporting 480i/576i
- Video Codecs – VP9 Profile-2 up to 4K 60fps, 10-bit H.265 up to 4K 60fps, AVS2-P2 up to 4K 60fps, H.264/AVC up to 4K 30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4 ASP up to 1080p60 (ISO-14496), etc..
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (WiFi 4), Bluetooth
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – IR receiver, power LED
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 10 x 10 x ?? cm
The box runs Android 8.1, ships with an HDMI cable, a remote control, a power adapter, and a USB port. The promotion on Banggood looks to be limited to the first 200 orders, after which the prices rise to $50.99 for the next 300 units, and $55.99 after that. If you miss that promotion, you’ll also find H96 Max (no X2) in 4GB/32GB configuration on Aliexpress for $53.71 with a further 2% discount during the upcoming Singles’ day event on November 11 if you pay a deposit.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|