In recent years we’ve seen several companies launch “mini laptops” with small 6″ to 7″ displays. They have the advantages of being really compact and lightweight, and thanks to Intel Gemini Lake & Amber Lake processors can be fairly powerful. The problem is that with small displays come small keyboards, and people have had a hard type typing text on those. So we’ve started seeing announcements for mini laptops with 8″ to 8.9″ displays such as GPD Pocket 2 Max and CHUWI minibook that should make like easier at the cost of a slightly larger and heavier devices.
One Mix 3 Yoga appears to be one the first of those ultra mobile PCs for sale, or more exactly pre-order. You’ll find the pocket laptop on GeekBuying for $759.99 with shipping scheduled for next month.
One Netbook One Mix 3 Yoga specifications:
- SoC – Intel Core m3-8100Y dual-core/quad-thread Amber Lake processor @ 1.1 / 3.4 (Turbo) GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 615; 5W TDP
- System Memory – 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage – 256GB PCIe/NVMe SSD, M.2 2242 M.2 socket for SATA SSD, microSD card slot up to 128GB
- Display – 8.4″ IPS touch screen display with 2560×1600 resolution
- Video Output – micro HDMI up to 4K @ 60 Hz
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, digital audio output via HDMI
- Connectivity – Dual band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 host port, 1x USB type-C port
- User Input – Backlit QWERTY keyboard with infrared induction mouse
- Misc – Fingerprint recognition sensor built into power button
- Battery – 8,600 mAh / 3.7V battery good for about 12 hours; USB PD fast charging
- Dimensions – 204 x 129 x 14.9 mm (thickness when closed)
- Weight – 650 grams
- Shell Material – CNC metal
Now with this small form factor the company made some compromises. For example, I don’t see any webcam, and there’s no mention of speakers nor microphone. The keyboard should be easier to use but there are still some oddities such as the Tab key placed on the right of the Esc key.
One Mix 3 Yoga comes pre-loaded with Windows 10 operating system, and ships with its charger and a user manual in English. There’s also an optional 4096-level stylus pen, but it’s not sold available with Mix 3 Yoga on GeekBuying at the time of writing.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.