MediaTek Helio P65 is a mainstream’s octa-core processor with two Arm Cortex-A75 clocked at up to 2.0 GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores combined with an Arm Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU. What does 2EEMC2 mean you may ask? Well, I have absolutely no idea either, and MediaTek did not bother expanding on the subject.
Nevertheless, Helio P65 is said to deliver 25% performance improvement over “competitor alternatives that use older generation cores”, and twice the AI performance over previous generation mainstream Helio series, and up to 30% faster performance versus direct competitor SoCs in AI-camera tasks such as object recognition (Google Lens). The processor also implements VoW (Voice on Wakeup) capability which the company claims “optimizes platform size and power use”, and separates the audio channels for voice commands and calls from media and games in order to deliver better audio quality.
MediaTek Helio P65 specifications:
- Processor – 6x Arm Cortex-A55, 2x Arm Cortex-A75 @ up to 2.0 GHz in dynamIQ configuration, L3 cache
- GPU – Arm Mali-G52 2EEMC2 @ up to 820MHz
- Memory I/F – LPDDR3 up to 4GB @ 933 MHz, LPDDR4x up to 8GB @ 1800MHz
- Storage I/F – eMMC 5.1
- Display – Up to 2520 x 1080 resolution
- Video Encoding – H.264, H.265 / HEVC up to 2K @ 30 fps, 1080P @ 60 fps
- Video Playback – H.264, H.265 / HEVC, VP-9 up to 2K @ 30 fps, 1080P @ 60 fps
- 48MP 4-cell @ 17fps; 16MP + 16MP @ 30fps; 25MP @ 30fps
- Hardware dual-camera support
- Features – AI Face ID (Face Unlock), AI Smart Photo Album, Single-Cam/Dual-Cam Bokeh; Hardware Warping Engine (EIS); Rolling Shutter Compensation (RSC) engine; MEMA 3DNR; Multi-Frame Noise reduction
- Cellular Technologies
- Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), FDD / TDD LTE, HSPA +
- Specific Functions – DL/UL CA, TAS 2.0, HPUE, IMS (VoLTE\ViLTE\WoWi-Fi), eMBMS, Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71
- LTE Category – Cat-4, Cat-7 DL / Cat-13 UL
- GNSS – Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, GPS
- Wi-Fi – 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi 5
- Bluetooth – Bt 5.0
- FM Radio
- Cellular Technologies
- MediaTek Technologies – CorePilot, NeuroPilot, Pump Express, Tiny Sensor
The company also highlights the camera capability of the new Helio P65 processor with support for dual camera systems up to 16+16MP, or a single 48MP. Hardware accelerators enable professional-grade effects such as Depth of Field (Bokeh).
In my experience, MediaTek GPS accuracy is quite inferior to the one in Qualcomm based phones, but this may have changed with Helio P65 since MediaTek claims to have created their most accurate GNSS & positioning engine ever with upgraded inertial navigation engine.
You may visit the product page for more information.
Via XDA Developers
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|