We’ve covered several of AAEON rugged mini PCs part of BOXER-8100 family powered by an NVIDIA Tegra X2 processor and targetting AI Edge applications.
The company has now introduced three new AI embedded computers for the same AI edge applications but using Intel processors together with Intel/Movidius Myriad X VPU (Vision Processing Unit) for AI acceleration. The three models are BOXER-8310AI, BOXER-8320AI, and the upcoming BOXER-8330AI based on respectively Intel Celeron/Pentium Apollo Lake processor, Intel Core i3 7th gen processor, and an Intel Core i3/77 or Xeon processor.
- SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Pentium N4200 quad-core Apollo Lake processor
- Intel® Celeron N3350 dual-core Apollo Lake processor
- System Memory – 1x DDR3L SODIMM slot supporting up to 8GB RAM @ 1867 MHz
- Storage Device – mSATA socket
- AI Module – AI Core X with Intel Movidius Myriad X VPU
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4b, VGA
- Audio – 1x Line out, 1x Mic-in
- Connectivity – Dual Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) with 2x Intel i211-AT controllers; 2x antenna holes (but no details about socket for wireless cards in the specs)
- USB – 4x USB 3.0 ports
- Serial – 3x DB9 connectors for RS-242/422/485 (Switch by BIOS)
- Misc – Power button, remote on/off, Power LED, HDD active LED
- Power Supply – 9-24V DC 3-pin terminal block
- Dimensions – 166 x 106.6 x 35mm
- Weight – 600 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: -25°C ~ 55°C; storage: -20°C ~ 70°C
- Humidity – 95% @ 40°C, non-condensing (storage)
- Anti-Vibration – 3 Grms/ 5 ~ 500Hz/ operation – mSATA
- Certifications – CE/FCC class A
The BOXER-8310AI is said to be suitable for AI solutions such as traffic monitoring, people counting, or smart retail solutions. You’ll find more details on the product page, and you can purchase it for $525 on AAEON’s online store.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.