Samsung Electronics has announced two silicon products manufactured using a 7-nm process and extreme ultra-violet (EUV) technology with namely Exynos 990 mobile processor for premium smartphones, and 5G Exynos Modem 5123.
- CPU – Octa-core, tri-cluster CPU structure
- 2x Exynos M5 custom cores
- 2x high-performance Cortex-A76 cores
- 4x power-efficient Cortex-A55 cores
- GPU – Arm Mali-G77MP11 GPU with Valhall architecture
- AI Accelerators – Dual-core neural processing unit (NPU) and digital signal processor (DSP) that can perform over 10 TOPS
- Memory I/F – LPDDR5 data rates of up to 5,500 Mbit/s
- Display – 120Hz refresh-rate display driver
- Camera – Up to 108MP in total thanks to an ISP that supports up to 6x image sensors with concurrent processing of three
- Media – 8K30 / 4K120 encode & decode of H.265/HEVC, H.264, VP9
The GPU is said to improve graphic performance or power efficiency by up to 20 percent, and the new processor enabled a 20 percent system performance boost. The AI accelerators will bring more AI features to the edge, and improve facial recognition and scene detection.
- Sub-6GHz and mmWave spectrums
- Up to 8-carrier aggregation (8CA)
- Downlink speed up to 5.1 Gbps in Sub-6 GHz and 7.35 Gbps in mmWave
- 2G GSM/CDMA
- 3G WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, HSPA
- 4G LTE up to 3.0 Gbps thanks to 1024-QAM support
The Exynos 990 mobile SoC and Exynos Modem 5123 mass production should begin by the end of the year.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|