Announced last summer, MediaTek Helio G90 & Helio G90T processors are specifically designed for gaming on smartphones and ideals for titles such as Fornite, PUBG, or KOG.
Both are higher processors with Arm Cortex-A76/A55 cores coupled with an Arm Mali-G76 3EEMC4, but MediaTek has now announced two more cost-effective processors with Helio G70 & Helio G70T SoCs aimed at mid-range/mainstream gaming smartphones.
MediaTek Helio G70 specifications:
- Processor – 2x Arm Cortex-A75 @ 2GHz, 6x Arm Cortex-A55 @ 1.7GHz with “large L3 cache”
- GPU – Arm Mali-G52 2EEMC2 up to 820MHz
- Memory – Up to 8GB LPDDR4x @ 1800MHz
- Storage – eMMC 5.1 flash
- Display – Up to 2520 x 1080 resolution
- Decode – H.264, H.265 / HEVC, VP-9 up to 2K @ 30 fps, 1080p @ 60 fps
- Encode – H.264, H.265 / HEVC up to 2K @ 30 fps, 1080p @ 60 fps
- ISP support 16MP+16MP, or 48MP
- Video Capture – 16MP + 16MP @ 30fps; 25MP @ 30fps; Hardware dual-camera support
- Features – AI Face ID (Face Unlock), AI Smart Photo Album, Single-Cam/Dual-Cam Bokeh; Hardware Warping Engine (EIS); Rolling Shutter Compensation (RSC) engine; MEMA 3DNR; Multi-Frame Noise reduction
- 4G Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), 4G FDD / TDD, HSPA+
- Specific Functions – DL/UL CA, TAS 2.0, HPUE, IMS (VoLTE\ViLTE\WoWi-Fi), eMBMS, Dual 4G VoLTE (DSDS), Band 71
- LTE Category – Cat-7 DL / Cat-13 UL
- Wi-Fi 5 (a/b/g/n/ac) + Bluetooth 5.0
- GNSS – Beidou, Galileo, Glonass, GPS
- FM Radio
- MediaTek Technologies – CorePilot, NeuroPilot, Pump Express, Tiny Sensor Hub, Integrated VoW, HyperEngine Game Technology
It’s unclear how Helio G70T differs from Helio G70, and I suspect some higher CPU and GPU frequencies for the former.
MediaTek HyperEngine game technology enables “Intelligent Speed Uplift for Rapid Gameplay” and “Resource Management Engine for Better, Longer Gameplay” meaning rapid switch between LTE and WiFi, the ability to defer calls during play, and what should be better handling of resources to maximize performance while avoiding throttling.
A few more details may be found on the product page.
Via XDA Developers