BeagleBone Green Gateway SBC was first unveiled last July as an update to BeagleBone Green Wireless board with Ethernet, and Octavo Systems OSD3358 SiP along with some smaller changes like support for 12V power supply and I2C RTC + battery. The board did however lose two USB 2.0 ports to make space for the Ethernet connector.
The board was not quite available at the time, but the good news is that you can now buy BeagleBone Green Gateway for $59.99 on Seeed Studio.
Specifications have remained the same as the ones provided for the initial announcement:
- SiP – Octavo Systems OSD3358 with Texas Instruments AM3358 Arm Cortex-A8 processor @ 1.0 GHz, 2×32-bit 200-MHz programmable real-time units (PRUs), 3D graphics accelerator, 512MB DDR3 SDRAM, 4KB EEPROM, and integrated power management
- Storage – 4GB 8-bit eMMC on-board flash storage (Kington) + microSD socket
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet (RJ45)
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz + Bluetooth 4.1 with BLE via Wilink 8 module
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB client for power and programming
- 2x 46 pin BeagleBone Black headers
- 2x Grove connectors (I2C and UART)
- Debugging – JTAG footprint; debug UART header
- Misc – I2C RTC, and 3V battery connector; power, BOOT and Reset buttons, WLAN & Bluetooth enable LEDs, WLAN active LED, 4x user LEDs
- Power Supply – 12V via DC jack or 5V via micro USB port
- Dimensions – 89 x 54.6 cm
- Operating Temperature – 0 ~ 70°C
The board ships with a Micro USB cable and a user manual. It is compatible with Debian with Cloud9 IDE on Node.js w/ BoneScript library, Android, Ubuntu, or some other community-supported operating systems. You’ll find how to get started and some project tutorials on the Wiki.
BeagleBone Green Gateway is especially suited to Internet of Things gateways, Smart Home applications, industrial automation, HMI, and robotics projects.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|