96Boards, Arrow Electronics, STMicro, and Shiratech have joined hands to organize a giveaway event with up to 500 Avenger96 or Stinger96 boards going to lucky winners.
I’ve already covered STM32MP1 powered Avenger96 SBC compliant with 96boards CE Extended specification, but I’ve never heard about Stinger96 board, so before going into the giveaway rules, let’s have a closer look at this new 96Boards board designed by Israel based Shiratech.
- SoC – STMicro STM32MP157 dual-core Arm Cortex-A7 processor @ up to 650 MHz (4158 CoreMark) with Arm Cortex-M4F MCU @ up to 200 MHz (673 CoreMark), 708KB internal SRAM
- System Memory – 256M x 32-bit DDR3 (1GB RAM)
- Storage – 8Gbit SLC NAND Flash, MicroSD card slot
- Gigabit Ethernet header (via Microchip KSZ9031RNX)
- GPS, NB-IoT & eMTC (LTE Cat M1) IoT cellular connectivity with 2G fallback via Quectel BG96 module, SIM card slot, and 2x u.FL connectors; up to 300 Kbps DL, 375 Kbps UL
- Camera I/F – 12-bit DCMI interface
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 header
- Expansion – Full 96 IOT LS connector Interface (1.8V interface) with 2x UART, 2x I2C, GPIOs, 1x SPI, 1x PCM
- Debugging – ST-LINK JTAG interface, 1x micro USB debug UART (via FTDI chip)
- Security – Secure boot, TrustZone IPs, active tamper
- Power Supply – 5V via Micro USB port
- Dimensions – 85 x 54 mm (96Boards IoT Edition & SMARC form factor)
The board runs Linux. You’ll find a few more details and Linux SD card image on the product page on Shiratech website.
That means what while both Avenger96 and Stinger96 are based on STM32MP1 Cortex-A7 processors, they target completely two different markets. The first is geared towards the development of general embedded applications, which you can then integrate into your own hardware with Arrow STM32MP1 SoM, while the second targets Cellular LTE IoT applications specifically.
You’ll also need to provide your name, email, company (optional), and project details before applying for a free board. Then wait. The giveaway is subject to availability, and a maximum of 500 boards. There aren’t any detailed terms and conditions for this giveaway, so I assume it’s open globally, and as long as you have a good project you should receive your requested SBC in due time.