We previously wrote about a uChip DIP-sized Arduino Zero compatible board with 0.3″ spacing between the two rows of pins making it perfect for breadboards as it left four rows on each side of the breadboard.
There’s now another similar option with the appropriately named DipDuino board equipped with a Microchip Atmega328P MCU compatible with Arduino Pro or Pro Mini boards.
- MCU – Microchip Atmega328P 8-bit AVR MCU with 32KB flash, 1024 Bytes EEPROM, 2KB SRAM
- USB – 1x Micro USB port for power and programming via CP2104 USB to serial chip
- Two rows of headers spaced by 0.3-inch (7.62mm) with up to 21x GPIOs, 5x analog inputs, I2C, SPI, UART, Reset, VCC and GND
- I/O voltage – 3.3V or 5V (different versions of the board)
- Misc – RGB LED for power and UART Tx/Rx; reset button
- Power Supply – 5V via Micro USB port; LDO for 3.3V version
- Dimensions – 46.26 x 9.3 mm
DipDuino comes pre-programmed with Arduino Bootloader and acts as an Arduino Pro or Pro Mini board. The developer (Jason Lopez) explains DipDuino is a full-featured Arduino board minus the A6 & A7 analog pins.
If you really need to use all 5 rows on each side of the breadboard for your project, you could do so by adding two female headers as shown in the photo below.
More details about the board can be found on the Atomsoft’s website. DipDuino is available on Tindie for $22.95 with unsoldered headers. For reference, Arduino Zero compatible uChip is sold for 12.99 Euros with a Microchip SAMD21 Cortex-M0+ MCU but less accessible I/Os.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|