Estone Technology has launched another rugged tablet with UA-80 IP-67 waterproof rated, and MIL-STD-810G compliant rugged Android tablet powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 mobile platform driving an 8″ capacitive touchscreen display.
The tablet is equipped with up to 8GB RAM, up to 128GB storage, and comes with HF(NFC) and UHF RFID readers and an optional barcode reader for healthcare, construction, retail, oil and gas, and logistics use cases.
- SoC – Qualcomm MSM8953 Pro (Snapdragon 626) octa core Cortex-A53 processor @ up to 2.2GHz with Adreno 506 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.1 + AEP
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR3 (Option: 8GB LPDDR3)
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash (Option: 64GB, 128GB)
- Display – 8″ sunlight-readable IPS LCD with 1200 x 800 resolution, 450 nit brightness, 10-point touch, and chemically hardened cover glass
- Audio – Built-In microphone and 8 Ohm/1W speaker, 3.5mm 4-pole audio jack with speaker/mic support
- Camera – 5MP front-facing camera, 13MP rear camera with autofocus
- 4G LTE
- LTE-TDD: B38/B39/B40/B41 with CA(Carrier Aggregation) in B39/B40/B41
- LTE-FDD: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B 12/B13/B17/B20/B25/B28
- TD-SCDMA: B34/B39
- CDMA/EVDO: BC0
- 2G GSM – 850/900/1800/1900
- 4G LTE
- Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5, Bluetooth 4.2
- GNSS – GPS with <15m accuracy, 95% typical, and 0.05m/s|velocity accuracy
- USB – 1x USB Type-C port
- HF RFID Reader @ 13.56MHz HF ISO14443A/B/ISO15693 standard (NFC)
- UHF RFID Reader @ 902Mhz- 928Mhz or 865MHz-868MHz
- Optional barcode scanner
- 2D: PDF147, QR code
- 1D: Code 128, 39, 11, 93, GS1, UPCA&E
- Sensors – Light, hall, acceleration, atmospheric pressure, magnetic, gyroscope
- Misc – Volume keys, F1/F2 keys, Menu/Home/Return buttons, power button, docking connector for DC charging
- Power Supply – 5V/3A
- Battery – Hot-swappable 50Wh LiPo battery good for 9 hours of runtime plus 5Wh internal battery for uninterrupted operation
- Dimensions – 235 x 146 x 14.5 mm
- Weight – 654 grams
- Materials – Plastic and TPU rubber
- IP67 Waterproof
- Drop Rate – 4ft Drop Resistant – Corners on Plywood (MIL-STD-810G)
- Shock Resistant – MIL-STD-810G, method 516.6, procedure 1
- ESD Protection: 4KV Touch, 8KV Air
- Temperature Range – Operating: -20-55 °C; storage: -20-60°C
- Humidity – 10%-90% RH, non-condensing
Besides the ruggedness and RFID & barcode readers, I find the dual battery configuration to be an interesting “trick” to keep the tablet operating at all times. If I understand correctly, the larger 50Wh battery can be replaced without turning off the tablet thanks to a built-in 5Wh battery that keeps the device operating even when the main battery is depleted.
Estone UA-80 tablet runs Android 8.0, and the company can offer accessories that include a docking station, a vehicle dock, a hand stripe, and/or a digitizer.
Estone UA-80 tablet appears to be available now, but as is often the case for commercial products, no pricing is provided publicly even for the standard version. More details may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.