Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) is mostly known for its x86 motherboards and mini PCs, but earlier with year, ECS LIVA Q1A Arm mini PC was introduced with either Rockchip RK3288 or RK3399 SoC, and support for Linux and Android operating systems.
But the Taiwanese company has now unveiled a new Arm-based industrial-grade mini PC with LIVA M300-W powered by Rockchip RK3399K processor that allows for either higher 2.0 GHz frequency at commercial temperature range, or the usual 1.8 GHz frequency in a wider (-20°C to +85°C) temperature range.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3399K hexa-core processor with two Cortex-A72 up to 1.8GHz/2.0GHz, four Cortex-A53 up to 1.4GHz, Arm Mali-T860MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB/4GB DDR3L
- Storage – 32GB or 64 GB eMMC flash, internal Micro SD slot
- Video Output
- 1x HDMI 2.0 port up to 4Kp60, CEC support
- 1x DisplayPort 1.2 port up to 4Kp60
- Audio – 1x Microphone input, 1x Line Out
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFI 4 & Bluetooth 5.2 with external antenna
- Cellular connectivity via Micro SIM card socket, two extra antenna holes, and one M.2 socket for optional 4G/5G module
- USB – 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port, 3x USB 2.0 ports
- Serial – 1x DB9 COM port (RS-232/RS-422/RS-485)
- Expansion – M.2 B-Key 3042 socket for 4G/5G module
- Misc – Power button, Kensington lock
- Power Supply – 12V/4.17A (50W) via DC jack or header
- Dimensions – 128 x 128 x 26 mm
- Temperature Range – Operating: -10°C to 60°C; storage : -20°C to + 80°C
- Humidity – 10% to 95%
ECS fanless industrial RK3399K mini PC supports Android 8.1 (without GMS) and Lubuntu 18.04, with the company saying the device is ideal for extreme environments such as construction sites, factories, and warehouses for applications such as surveillance, terminal, POS, digital signage, and thermal-sensing.
You may own a device with the standard Rockchip RK3399 that runs just fine at 2.0 GHz, but that’s probably at room temperature (20-25°C) and not all of RK3399 chips may support it, while RK3399K is qualified to run at that frequency, or a wider temperature range. ECS mini PC is not certified to run at -20 to +85°C, but only between -10 and +60°C because of other considering such as other components and the fanless design.
Availability and pricing information were not disclosed. More details can be found on the product page.