Intel Core i7-1165G7 is one of the most popular Tiger Lake UP3 processors. It’s found in ASRock NUC 1100 BOX Series as well as Intel NUC 11 Enthusiast Phantom Canyon NUC11PHKi7C which Ian (Linuxium) reviewed for us both with Windows 10 and Linux (Ubuntu 20.04).
If you’d like a cheaper mini PC with the processor, TOPTON has just launched an Intel Core i7-1165G7 “Mini PC Box”, model number V320, that’s sold for $454.67 with free shipping in barebone configuration.
- SoC – Intel Core i7-1165G7 quad-core/octa-thread Tiger Lake UP3 processor @ up to 2.8 GHz / 4.7 GHz (Turbo) with 96EU Iris Xe Graphics; 15W TDP (Configurable between 12 and 28W)
- System Memory – 2x DDR4-2666 SO-DIMM sockets for up to 64GB RAM
- Storage – 2x M.2 2280 sockets for two SSD’s, including one PCIe 3.0 x4, and the other with SATA?
- Video Output
- HDMI 1.4 (TBC, since it would mean 4Kp30, no 4Kp60)
- DisplayPort up to 4Kp60
- Audio – 2x 3.5mm microphone and headphone jacks
- Networking – Dual Gigabit Ethernet, support for WiFI 6 & Bluetooth module
- USB – 6x USB 3.0 ports
- Misc – Power button, coin cell battery
- Power Supply – Via DC jack
- Dimensions – 137x150x60 mm
The system ships without operating system, since it’s primarily sold as a barebone mini PC, but the company says it supports Windows 10 and Linux distributions like Ubuntu. As usual, the devil is in the detail, and there’s no guarantee all features work out of the box in Linux.
TOPTON V320 mini PC is actively cooling with a fan and a heatsink. It is actually an existing mini PC that was sold with a choice of Core-i5/i7/i9 processors, but the Intel Core i7-1165G7 version appears to be new. If you prefer to get storage and/or RAM preinstalled, the company offer options up to 32GB RAM and a 1TB SSD for around $840. The wireless module does not appear to be included in any of the options offered on Aliexpress.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.