AAEON UP Xtreme SBC was launched last June with a choice of 15W Whiskey Lake processors, namely Intel Celeron 4305UE dual-core processor, Intel Core i3-8145UE dual-core 4-thread processor, Intel Core i5-8365UE / Core i7-8665UE quad-core 8-thread processors.
The company has now launched a complete embedded computer built around UP Xtreme SBC named UP Xtreme Edge Computing System, or simply UPX-Edge for short, that’s a slight variation of the fanless chassis offered for the SBC during the Kickstarter campaign.
- SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Celeron 4305UE dual-core processor @ up to 2.2 GHz with 2MB cache, Intel UHD 610 graphics
- Intel Core i3-8145UE dual-core 4-thread processor @ up to 2.1 GHz / 3.9 GHz (Turbo) with 4MB cache, Intel UHD 620 graphics
- Intel Core i5-8365UE quad-core 8-thread processor @ up to 1.6 GHz / 4.1 GHz (Turbo) with 6MB cache, Intel UHD 620 graphics
- Intel Core i7-8665UE quad-core 8-thread processor @ up to 1.9 GHz / 4.8 GHz (Turbo) with 8MB cache, Intel UHD 620 graphics
- System Memory – Up to 16GB dual-channel DDR4 memory (soldered on-board)
- Storage – 64GB eMMC flash
- Video Output – 1x HDMI/DisplayPort Stack connector up to 4096 x 2160 @ 30 Hz and 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz respectively
- Decode – 4K 10-bit HEVC, 4K 10-bit VP9, 4K H.264/AVC, VP8, MPEG-2, MJPEG, VC-1
- Encode – 4K 10-bit HEVC, 4K VP9, 4K H.264/AVC, VP8, MPEG-2, MJPEG
- Audio – ALC887 audio codec; 3.5mm audio out/mic-in jack
- Network Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet via Intel i210/i211 (TSN), and i219LM transceivers, optional WiFi & Bluetooth
- USB – 4x USB3.2 Gen 1 ports
- Serial Ports – 2x RS232/422/485 DB9 COM ports
- Expansion Slot
- 1x M.2 2230 E Key socket (1x PCIe x1, 1x USB2.0) for wireless cards
- 1x M.2 2242/2280 B/M Key socket (2 x PCIe / 2xSATA) for high-speed SSD or deep-learning accelerators such as UP AI Core X
- 1x mini PCIe with 1x PCIe x1 (option mSATA), 1x USB2.0, and SIM card slot for 3G/4G cellular cards, deep-learning accelerators, or other mPCIe cards
- Green terminal block connected to 40-pin GPIO connector
- Green terminal block connected to STM32 MCU
- Misc – Power Button / LED, RTC battery
- Power Supply – 12~60V DC-IN via lockable connector
- Dimensions – 190 x 130 x 78.6 mm
- Temperature Range – -20°C – +70°C
- Humidity – 0 – 90% RH, non-condensing
- Certifications – CE/FCC Class A, RoHS Compliant, REACH
The embedded computer works with Windows 10, Linux Ubuntu 18.04 with Kernel 5.0, as well as Linux Yocto 2.7 with Kernel 4.19.
There are currently 7 configurations of UPX-Edge with variations of processor, memory (4GB, 8GB, or 16GB), and optional AI CoreX 2280 neural-network accelerator. The computer ships with a VESA kit, DIN-RAIL kit, SATA cable, and screw packs. Note a 19V/3.42A (65W) power adapter is sold separately, and a wireless LAN kit with an M.2 2230 card providing 802.11ac/a/b/g/n WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity is sold separately.
UPX-Edge embedded computer is available now, but not sold publicly online like some other products from the company. Instead, you could visit the product page and ask for a quote if interested. For reference, the Celeron board with 4GB RAM was sold for €249 during the Kickstarter campaign.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|