Gateworks introduced the new Venice Industrial IoT SBC Family based on NXP i.MX 8M Mini processor with up to two Ethernet ports and four mPCIe Sockets last September starting with GW7300 board with dual Gigabit Ethernet and three mPCIe sockets.
But the US company has now announced the availability of the smallest member of the family with Venice GW7100 SBC equipped with just one Gigabit Ethernet port and one mPCIe socket in a compact 100x35mm form factor.
- SoC – NXP i.MX 8M Mini single, dual or quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor @ up to 1.6GHz, with Arm Cortex-M4 at 400+MHz, 3D GPU (OpenGL ES 2.0), 2D GPU, and 1080p VPU
- System Memory – 1 GB LPDDR4 (up to 4GB)
- Storage – 8 GB eMMC flash (up to 64GB)
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port with passive PoE support
- WiFi/Bluetooth or Cellular connectivity via mini PCIe socket and Nano-SIM card slot
- GPS – Optional u-blox ZOE-M8
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 OTG Type-C port
- Sensor – Digital 3-axis Accelerometer/Magnetometer MEMS
- Expansion – Connector with digital IO, I2C, ADC, UART, and SPI
- Debugging – JTAG header
- Misc – Gateworks System Control (GSC) with Real-time clock (RTC) plus coin cell battery, voltage & temperature monitor, fan control, etc…
- Power Supply
- 8-60V DC via 2-pine header or
- 802.3af/at active or passive PoE
- Dimensions – 100 x 35 mm
- Temperature Range – -40°C to +85°C
Gateworks says the board is well-suited to IoT & networking applications, with the most obvious to me being IP cameras connected over Ethernet, WiFi, or cellular networks.
Talking about connectivity, there are several mini PCIe modules sold as options with the board including:
- GW16130 Mini-PCIe Iridium Satellite Modem
- GW16122 Mini-PCIe Sub-1GHz Radio
- GW16126 Mini-PCIe LTE CATM1 Cellular Modem with BLE
- GW17046 Mini-PCIe LTE CAT4 Cellular Modem
- GW17032 Mini-PCIe WiFi 802.11ac/b/g/n radio
Gateworks Venice GW7100 SBC and development kit are available, but pricing has not been made public. Further information may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
One Reply to “Venice GW7100 compact industrial SBC packs one Gigabit Ethernet port, one mPCIe socket”
USB-C also seems to be one change compared to previous models. This small form factor plus the support for USB-C OTG and GbE also permits other applications such as network encryption and/or compression, or on-the-fly layer 7 analysis (anti-virus etc).