Zidoo M6 is both a complete mini PC and a single board computer based on Rockchip RK3566 processor with up to 8GB RAM with plenty of peripherals connectivity options including built-in Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5, and support for 5G modems.
Several years ago, Zidoo used to serve the TV box market, but they’ve now veered towards higher-end media players, digital signage players, and industrial applications. While we’ve already seen some RK3566 TV boxes on the market, using the AIoT processor does not make much sense in this type of product, and instead, Zidoo M6 targets AI Edge gateways, digital signage, and other AIoT products.
Zidoo M6 specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3566 with a quad-core Cortex-A55 processor @ up to 1.8GHz, Arm Mali-G52 2EE GPU with support for OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.2. OpenCL 2.0. Vulkan 1.1, 0.8 TOPS AI accelerator, 4K H.265/H.265/VP9 video decoder, 1080p100 H.265/H.264 video encoder.
- System Memory – 2GB, 4GB (default), or 8GB LPDDR4
- 32GB (default), 64GB, or 128GB eMMC flash
- MicroSD card socket
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.0 port up to 4Kp60
- eDP connector
- MIPI DSI connector up to 2560×1440 @ 60fps
- LVDS connector
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Optical output (SPDIF)
- Digital audio output via HDMI
- Microphone and speaker headers
- Microphone array headers
- Camera – MIPI CSI connector, MIPI CIF connector
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac/ax WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0
- Support 5G and 4G LTE module via mini PCIe socket (USB 3.0 interface) + SIM card slot
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB OTG port
- Serial – RS232 DB9 port for debugging
- Sensor – G-sensor
- Misc – IR receiver, power & recovery buttons, VFD display connector, LED, RTC, ADC header
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via DC jack
- SBC – 158 x 95 x 1.6mm
- Mini PC – 166 x 102.5 x 32mm
- Temperature Range – Operating: -10°C to 60°C, storage: -20°C to 70°C
- Humidity – 10% to 80%
Zidoo will provide Android 11, Ubuntu 18.04, and Station OS for the board/mini PC, as well as support for Buildroot to built custom Linux images, and Qt and Froglogic for graphical user interface development.
It’s not the first Rockchip RK3566 mini PC and SBC, as we’ve previously covered Station M2 mini PC fitted with ROC-RK3566-PC board, as well as Pine64 Quartz64 SBC, but Zidoo M6 is certainly the most features-rich RK3566 platform we’ve seen so far.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.