Simply NUC “Tiger Canyon Porcoolpine” is a fanless Intel NUC offered with a choice of Tiger Lake UP3 processors, notably Core i3-1115G4, Core i5-1135G7, and Core i7-1165G7, and equivalent vPro parts when available.
The mini PC comes with up to 64GB DDR4, NVMe & SATA storage, a Thunderbolt 4 port, two HDMI 2.0b ports, 2.5 GbE networking, and optional Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1, as well as a DB9 serial port for industrial applications, for example, to connect a barcode scanner.
Tiger Canyon Porcoolpine (NUC11TF) specifications:
- SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Core i3-1115G4 dual-core/quad-thread processor @ up to 3.0 / 4.1 GHz (Turbo) with 6MB L3 cache, 48EU Intel Xe graphics; 28W TDP
- Intel Core i5-1135G7 quad-core/octa-thread processor @ up to 2.4 / 4.2 GHz with 8MB L3 cache, 80EU Intel Xe graphics; 28W TDP
- Intel Core i5-1145G7 (vPro) quad-core/octa-thread processor @ up to 2.6 / 4.4 GHz with 8MB L3 cache, 80EU Intel Xe graphics; 28W TDP
- Intel Core i7-1165G7 quad-core/octa-thread processor @ up to 2.7 / 4.8 GHz with 12MB L3 Cache, 96EU Intel Xe Graphics; 28W TDP
- Intel Core i7-1185G7 (vPro) quad-core/octa-thread processor @ up to 3.0 / 4.8 GHz with 12MB L3 Cache, 96EU Intel Xe Graphics; 28W TDP
- System Memory – Up to 64GB DDR4-3200 via 2x SO-DIMM sockets
- Storage – M.2 Slot for PCIe Gen 4 SSD, 2.5-inch SATA drive bay
- Video & audio output – Dual HDMI 2.0b up to 4K @ 60Hz; Digital Audio 7.1 Surround Sound
- 2.5 GbE
- Optional WiFI 6 and Bluetooth 5.1 with dual-band antennas
- USB/Thunderbolt – 1x Thunderbolt 4 port, 1x Thunderbolt 3 port, 3x USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Serial – DB9 serial port
- Security – TPM 2.0
- Misc – Power button, Kensington Lock Support
- Power Supply – 19V DC Jack (12-24V operation)
- Temperature Range – 0 to 40°C
The computer ships with the VESA mount kit, and the company offers free installation of the operating systems be it Linux (Fedora or Ubuntu) or Windows 10 Home/Pro/IoT Enterprise. Note that you’d still need to pay for the Windows license…
The Core-i3 model (11TNFi3) starts at $679 with 4GB DDR4 and a 128GB SSD, while the Core-i5 and Core-i7 versions start at respectively $809 and $929 with the memory & storage configuration. You may find additional information, and build your own system on Simply NUC website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.