Giveaway Week 2021 is now over, and I’m ready to announce the winners. This year, CNX Software was joined by Rakwireless and Shenzhen Xunlong Software, as I did not have enough hardware to send out. I also had planned to give away Crowbits Master Kit, but when I realized the ESP32 module had a battery, I would have had to ask $100 just for shipping, plus having the risk of messing things up, since I’ve never sent devices with batteries with the new regulations.
Nevertheless, the void was filled thanks to the generosity of Rakwireless who offered a solar-powered LoRa GPS tracker, and Shenzhen Xunlong Software who proposed an Orange Pi R1 SBC with a plastic enclosure.
Let’s go through the list of winners located in four continents with Europe, North America, Asia, and Oceania represented:
- NanoPi R2S gateway – Jason, CANADA
- WisBlock Kit 2 LoRa-based GPS Tracker with Solar Panel – Chida, INDIA
- Maker Pi Pico board – Michal, AUSTRALIA
- Orange Pi R1S Kit – Joe, USA
- Bluetrum AB32VG1 RISC-V board – “jeanrhum“, FRANCE (It took four draws before I found a winner that would reply within 24 hours)
- Arduino Sensor Kit Base – Peter, MALAYSIA
- Foscam SPC IP Camera – Codrut R, ROMANIA
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.