Geniatech “AHAURA” RS-G2L100 / “AKITIO” RS-V2L100 is a Renesas RZ/G2L and RZ/V2L Cortex-A55/M33 development board that follows 96boards CE Extended v2.0 form factor, and is equipped with a Renesas LTE Cat M1 modem.
Both RZ/G2L and RZ/V2L processors are basically the same, but the latter adds the “DRP-AI” (dynamically reconfigurable processor) AI accelerator for computer vision applications. The board also comes with up to 4GB RAM, two Gigabit Ethernet ports, a wireless WiFi and Bluetooth module, as well as Full HD HDMI video output, plus some USB ports, and the usual low-speed and high-speed expansion connectors from the 96Boards standard.
- SoC – Renesas RZ/G2L or RZ/V2L with dual-core Cortex-A55 processor @ 1.2 GHz, Arm Cortex-M33 core @ up to 200 MHz, Arm Mali-G31 GPU, and DRP-AI vision accelerator (RZ/V2L only)
- System Memory – 4GB (default) or 8GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 8GB, 16GB, 64GB, or 128GB eMMC flash; MicroSD card socket (note: unpopulated on photos)
- Video Output – HDMI up to 1080p60
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
- High-Speed (HS) connector 1 with MIPI CSI, MIPI DSI, USB, SD1
- High-Speed (HS) connector 2 with SPI and GPIO
- Low-Speed (LS) connector 1 with UART, I2C, SPI, GPIO, I2S
- Low-Speed (LS) connector 2 with speakers and microphone signals
- Debug interfaces/features
- Arm CoreSight architecture
- JTAG/SWD interface supported
- ETF 16 KBytes for program flow trace (each cluster)
- JTAG Disable supported
- Power Supply – 12V/3A
- Dimensions – 100 x 85mm (96Boards CE Extended 2.0 form factor)
Geniatech offers Linux support (Linux CIP 4.19) through a BSP with Yocto DUNFELL 3.1, so it appears to be the official super long term support Civil Infrastructure Platform Linux available for many Renesas processors. The company does not list the target applications, but Renesas RZ/G2L or RZ/V2L targets applications with AI workloads in consumer devices, industrial equipment, and point-of-sale (POS) terminals for retail. Since there’s an LTE Cat M1 module, an Ethernet/WiFi/LTE Cat-M1 IoT gateway should be one of the use cases.
Pricing and availability information about the Renesas-powered 96boards hardware platform is not listed on the product page, and you’d have to contact the company to get a volume quote.
[Update: This post has been edited to remove “96boards compliance” as the board as not been certified yet, it only follows the 96boards form factor]
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.