Dongshan Nezha STU is a development kit comprised of an Allwinner D1 RISC-V system-on-module (SoM) and a carrier board with three 40-pin headers to access I/Os from the RISC-V processor.
While not quite as compact as the Sipeed LicheeRV module, the “Dongshan Nezha STU Core” module also doubles as a standalone single board computer (SBC) with USB-C, Ethernet and HDMI ports, plus a MicroSD card socket for the firmware, which reminds me of the Khadas Edge design.
Dongshan Nezha STU specifications:
- Nezha STU Core SoM
- SoC – Allwinner D1 single-core XuanTie C906 64-bit RISC-V processor @ 1.0 GHz with HiFi4 DSP, G2D 2D graphics accelerators
- Memory – 512MB DDR3 memory (option up to 2GB – TBC)
- Storage – MicroSD card slot, 2Gbit serial NAND flash (MX35LF1GE4AB); Note the SPI NAND flash (U12) is not populated in the photo below.
- Video – HDMI port up to 1080p60
- Networking – Low-profile Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- USB – 1x USB Type-C OTG port, 1x USB Type-C port for debugging via CP2104
- Host connector – 260-pin SO-DIMM edge connector with all I/Os
- Misc – Power and user LEDs, Reset and FEL buttons
- Power Supply – 5V via USB-C OTG port
- Dimensions – TBD
- Carrier board
- Expansion – 3x 40-pin header for GPIOs (3.3V)
- Supply voltage – 5V
- Dimensions – TBD
The specifications are preliminary as I deducted those from the photos and schematics. The carrier board is more like a daughterboard or breakout board since it has no power of its own and only exposes extra I/Os to 2.54mm pitch headers.
Dongshan Nezha STU devkit is sold for $38, or just $32 for the Core module only, on AnalogLamb.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
2 Replies to “Dongshan Nezha STU devkit features Allwinner D1 RISC-V SoM/SBC”
One thing I fail to understan in many cases is why even bother with edge connector, if they are going to include regular connectors as well?
At 22€ (european vat. included), I was already buying it….. just to be stopped at the €12,78 shipping cost ! 🙁