Geniatech DB982 is a development board/motherboard powered by an Amlogic T982 quad-core Cortex-A55 processor designed for 8K televisions and equipped with an ATSC 3.0 TV tuner.
The board ships with up to 4 GB RAM and up to 128 GB eMMC flash, and also includes three 4K HDMI inputs, LVDS and ultra-high-definition VX1 LCD screen interfaces, as well as Fast Ethernet and WiFI 5 connectivity.
Geniatech DB982 specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic T982
- CPU – Quad-core Arm Cortex-A55 processor up to 1.8GHz
- GPU – Arm Mali-G52 MP2 (2EE) GPU supporting OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.1 and OpenCL 2.0 APIs
- AI accelerators – 2x NNA accelerators with INT8 inference performance up to 2.6 TOPS
- Manufacturing process – 12nm
- System Memory – 2GB (4GB optional)
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash (8 to 128GB optional)
- Video Output
- 1x VX1 up to 8K resolution (CNXSoft: I suppose it stands for V-By-One interface)
- 1x 30-pin LVDS interface plus 6-pin backlight circuit interface
- Video Inputs – 3x HDMI 2.1 inputs up to 4Kp60
- Video Processing
- 8Kp30 10bit H.265/VP9 decoding
- 4Kp60 AVS2 decoding
- 4Kp30 H.264 decoding
- 4-pin header for 2x 8Ω10W speakers
- 1x SPDIF
- Single, dual, or quad ATSC 3.0 digital TV tuner by default
- DVB-T2/T/C or ISDB-T/DTMB tuners are also supported (upon request?)
- RF connector for antenna
- 10/100M Fast Ethernet RJ45 port
- Dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 4.2/5.0 (optional) with 2x antenna connectors
- GTIOT header for add-ons: Z-Wave, Zigbee, LoRa, GPS, etc…
- Optional 4G LTE via mini PCIe socket plus micro SIM card socket
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port, 2x USB 2.0 interfaces via 4-pin headers
- Serial – 1x RS232 header
- 10-pin GPIO header
- mini PCIe socket for 4G LTE
- Geniatech GTIOT header for add-ons
- Misc – Watchdog, RTC, various keys (Power, Menu, Source, Ch+/Ch-, VOL+/VOL-, IR receiver
- Power Supply – 12V/3A via 5.5/2.1 DC power jack
- Dimensions – 142 x 117 mm
- Certifications – CE / FCC
Geniatech says the board supports Android P/R which translates into Android 10 or 11. The motherboard only supports 8K from local storage or the ATSC 3.0 tuner, and not from an external device such as an 8K TV box since the HDMI input ports are limited to 4Kp60.
Geniatech does not sell samples of the DB982 board online at this time. Volume pricing and additional information may be requested/found on the product page, and the Amlogic website may have extra details about the processor.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.