Let’s end Giveaway Week 2022 with a bang, and more exactly a rather powerful Rockchip RK3588 mini PC: Mekotronics R58 (mini).
The device comes with 8GB RAM and 64GB flash storage, two 8K capable HDMI 2.0 output ports, one DisplayPort output, one HDMI input, Gigabit Ethernet and WiFI 6 connectivity, as well as a few USB 3.0/2.0 ports, plus support for a SATA drive.
I reviewed the Rockchip RK3588 mini PC with Android 12 last July, and I was impressed by the CPU and GPU performance, 4K video playback capabilities, except for AV1 which was not stable at the time, and support for HDMI audio passthrough. Android 12 was quite stable at that early stage as well. Some downsides included the lack of a useful HDMI input app and USB 3.0 performance that could be improved.
I always test samples before adding them to the giveaway, and I initially thought I would have to skip the R58 as the red Power LED would just blink continuously and the system would not boot at all. But the company provided a link with the latest firmware images for the “Mekotronics R58 mini”, and I managed to reinstall the Android 12 firmware dated August 26 and see the Android launcher on my TV. If you’re not a fan of Android, Mekotronics also offers Ubuntu, Debian, and “buildroot” images for the mini PC.
The kit given away features all accessories including the remote control, the power supply, the two antennas, and various cable. I’ve just removed the batteries because of customs regulations.
To enter the draw simply leave a comment with your country and whatever else you’d like to say (no links in the body of the comment). If the country is missing, I’ll consider the entry void. Other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per contest. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- Contests are open for 48 hours starting at 10 am (Bangkok time) every day.
- Comments will be closed after 48 hours. If comments are open, the contest is still going on.
- Winners will be selected with random.org, and announced in the comments section of each giveaway.
- I’ll contact the winner by email, and I’ll expect an answer within 24 hours, or I’ll pick another winner.
- Note that I may not be able to contact people who log in with Facebook, Twitter, or Google, so it’s better to use an email address to enter the draw.
- Shipping – $35 for registered airmail small packet or ePacket for overseas shipping payable via PayPal within 48 hours once the contest (for a given product) is complete.
- I’ll post all prizes at the same time, around the 16th of November, except for products shipped directly by companies which will be handled separately.
- I’ll make sure we have 7 different winners, so if you have already won a device during this giveaway week, I’ll draw another person.
The Mekotronics R58 “mini” computer with 8GB RAM and 64GB eMMC flash, as offered here, can be purchased for $188 plus shipping.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.