SMDT AIoTBOX-3568GK is an industrial control PC powered by a Rockchip RK3568 quad-core Cortex-A55 AIoT processor and offering plenty of interfaces including six USB ports, four RS232 ports, and terminal blocks with RS485 and CAN bus interfaces.
The embedded computer ships with 2GB RAM and 16GB eMMC flash by default, and also features HDMI and LVDS display interfaces, 3.5mm jacks for headphones and microphone, as well as network connectivity through a Gigabit Ethernet port, WiFi, and optional Bluetooth and/or 4G LTE.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3568A quad-core Cortex-A55 processor @ up to 2.0GHz with Arm Mali-G52 2EE GPU with support for OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.2, Vulkan 1.1, OpenCL 2.0, 0.8 TOPS NPU, and VPU with 4Kp60 H.265/H.264/VP9 video decoding, 1080p60 H.265/H.264 video encoding
- System Memory – 2GB RAM by default
- Storage – 16GB or 32GB eMMC flash, MicroSD card slot, optional 2KB EEPROM
- Video Output
- HDMI port up to 4Kp60
- LVDS connector
- Touch Panel I2C connector
- 3.5mm audio jack, 3.5mm microphone input
- Digital audio output via HDMI
- 4-pin speaker connector
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- Built-in WiFi with optional Bluetooth
- Optional 3G/4G mPCIe module
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports (one OTG), 4x USB 2.0 ports
- 4x RS232 DB9 ports
- 1x RS485 and 1x CAN bus via terminal blocks
- 4-way GPIO, 3.3V level
- I2C header
- Mini PCIe socket for cellular data
- Misc – UBoot button, Power button, Reset button, RTC
- Power Supply – 12V DC via power barrel jack
- Dimensions – 214.4 x 129.2 x 27.6mm
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C ~ +60°C; storage: -20°C ~ +70°C
- Relative humidity – ≤80%
As I understand it, the device comes pre-loaded with Android 11 and targets applications such as smart display terminals, industrial automation control panels, digital signage, retail kiosks, smart vending machines, industrial robots, and more. It’s mainly designed for the mainland China market and supports WeChat Payment using face recognition.
We’ve seen other industrial box PCs based on Rockchip RK3568 SoC such as Zidoo M6 or Firefly EC-R3568PC, but the SMDT AIoTBOX-3568GK is the one with the most features and interfaces by far, although it lacks an M.2 socket for SSD storage as the PCIe interfaces are used for other purposes including support for 4G modules.
The computer is sold for $137.08 on Aliexpress with 2GB RAM and 16GB flash, but you can select variants with up to 32GB flash and a 4G module for up to $180.17. Note those are Black Friday prices, so the device price tag may increase after November 30. Companies interested in purchasing the system in quantities may want to check out the manufacturer’s product page (in Chinese only).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
One Reply to “AIoTBOX-3568GK industrial control box offers six USB ports, RS232, RS485, CAN Bus, LVDS, and more”
I love the specs, but being preloaded with Android seems like application development for the platform would need to jump through additional hoops (compared with a Linux/X/Wayland setup) with regard to hardware/protocol interfacing.
Is this typical, or do I just develop outside of their use case?