Digi International ConnectCore MP13 system-on-module (SoM) is powered by the just-announced STMicro STM32MP13 Cortex-A7 microprocessor and integrates a pre-certified WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5.2 module for applications in the medical, smart energy, and industrial sectors.
The module is also equipped with up to 1GB RAM and 1GB SLC NAND flash, and exposes I/Os through LGA pads and/or castellated holes with interfaces such as dual GbE, USB 2.0, I2S and SPDIF for audio, CAN FD, analog inputs, and more. Contrary to the company’s earlier Digi ConnectCore MP15 based on STM32MP15 MPU, the MP13 does not provide multimedia functions, display, and camera interfaces.
Digi ConnectCore MP13 specifications:
- SoC – STMicro STM32MP13x single-core Arm Cortex-A7 processor @ 650 MHz (only STM32MP133C at this time)
- System Memory – Up to 1GB DDR3
- Storage – Up to 1GB SLC NAND flash
- Wireless – Optional pre-certified Wi-Fi 5 802.11a/b/g/n/ac up to 433.3 Mbps and Bluetooth 5.2 (including BLE) with IPEX antenna connector
- 245x LGA pads or 76x pads+castellated holes options with
- Storage – 2x SDMMC up to 8-bit (SD / eMMC / SDIO)
- Audio – 2x SAI (stereo audio: I2S, PDM, SPDIF Tx), SPDIF Rx (4 inputs)
- Networking – 2x Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 high-speed hosts, 1x USB 2.0 full-speed OTG
- Serial – 2x CAN FD (including 1 TTCAN), 4x UART,
- 2x ADCs (up to 12-bit)
- 2x 12-bit D/A converters (1 MHz)
- 1x Digital Filter for Sigma-Delta Modulator (DFSDM) with 4 channels/2 filters, internal or external ADC/DAC reference VREF+
- Other I/Os – 5x I2C, 5x SPI (4x with full duplex I2S), up to 135 I/O ports with interrupt capability
- 2x 32-bit timers with up to 4 IC/OC/PWM or pulse counter and quadrature (incremental) encoder input
- 2x 16-bit advanced motor control timers
- 10x 16-bit general-purpose timers (including 2 basic timers without PWM)
- 5x 16-bit low-power timers
- 4x Cortex-A7 system timers (secure, nonsecure, virtual, hypervisor)
- 2x independent watchdogs
- Misc – Temperature sensor, secure RTC
- Secure boot
- TrustZone peripherals
- 12x tamper pins including 5x active tamper
- 1x TRNG (6 triple oscillators)
- 1x CRC calculation unit
- 1x cryptographic processor
- Hardware acceleration with DMA support
- Encryption/decryption: DES/TDES: ECB (electronic codebook) and CBC (cipher block chaining) 64-, 128- or 192-bit key; AES: ECB, CBC, GCM, CCM, and CTR (counter mode) chaining algorithms, 128-, 192- or 256-bit key
- Universal HASH: SHA-1, SHA-224 and SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512, SHA-3, HMAC;
- Digi TrustFence embedded security framework
- Dimensions – 29 x 29 x 3mm
- Temperature Range – Operating: up to −40°C to +85°C (industrial); storage: −50°C to +125°C
- Relative humidity – 5% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Radio approvals – US, Canada, EU, Japan, Australia/New Zealand, Brazil, Mexico
- Emissions, immunity, and safety certifications
- FCC Part 15 Class B, EN 55022 Class B, EN 61000-3-2, EN 61000-3-3, ICES- 003 Class B, VCCI Class II, AS 3548
- FCC Part 15 Subpart C Section 15.247, IC (Industry Canada), RSS-210 Issue 5 Section 6.2.2(o), EN 300 328, EN 301 489-17, EN 55024
- EN 301 489-3, Safety (IEC 62368-1)
- Design verifications
- Temperature: IEC 60068-2-1, IEC 60068-2-2, IEC 60068-2-78
- Vibration/shock: IEC 60068-2-6, IEC 60068-2-64, IEC 60068-2-27, HALT
Digi International provides “Digi Embedded Yocto” embedded Linux software platform for the STM32MP13 SoM, as well as Digi TrustFence embedded security framework, an off-the-shelf development board called CC-WMP133-KIT with Digi ConnectCore MP133 development board with SoM, a console port cable, a dual-band wireless antenna, power supply, accessories, reference designs, and online documentation.
Technical documentation is not online just yet, but the ConnectCore MP1 documentation should soon be updated for the MP13 module. Digi expects the module to be integrated into medical devices, industrial gateways, environmental test equipment, renewable-energy controllers, and EV charging stations.
The two STM32MP13 SoM namely CC-ST-DX58-ZK without wireless module and CC-WST-DX58-NK module with WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5.2, and the CC-WMP133-KIT development kit can all be purchased on Mouser., Further information may be found on the product page and the announcement for Embedded World 2023.
Thanks to TLS for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.