Queclink Wireless Solutions WR300FG is a dual SIM 5G industrial router with five Gigabit Ethernet ports, WiFi 6, GNSS, RS232 and RS485 interfaces designed for factory automation, smart energy infrastructure, and Internet of Vehicles (IoV).
TheWR300FG is based on a Qualcomm IPQ8072 quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 networking processor running OpenWrt, supports both 5G SA/NSA modes, backward-compatibility with 4G/3G, and its dual SIM features enabled automatic switchover for interrupted 5G connectivity.
- SoC – Qualcomm IPQ8072 quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 @ 2.2 GHz part of Qualcomm Networking Pro 1200 Platform
- System Memory – TBD
- Storage – 1GB flash (described as “hard disk” in the press release!)
- 5G SA, 5G NSA, 4G LTE, 3G UMTS
- Operating bands
- 5G NR – n1/n2/n3/n5/n7/n8/n12/n20/n28/n38/n40/n41/n48/n66/n71/n77/n78/n79LTE-FDD: B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B18/B19/B20/B26/B28/B32
- LTE-TDD: B34/B38/39/B40/B41/B42/B43
- WCDMA: B1/B2/B4/B5/B6/B8/B19
- 2G GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Data rates
- 5G SA: DL 2.1Gbps; UL 900Mbps
- 5G NSA: DL 2.5Gbps; UL 650Mbps
- LTE-FDD: Max 150Mbps (DL)/Max 50Mbps (UL)
- LTE-TDD: Max 130Mbps (DL)/Max 30Mbps (UL)
- DC-HSDPA: Max 42Mbps (DL)
- HSUPA: Max 5.76Mbps (UL)
- WCDMA: Max 384Kbps (DL)/Max 384Kbps (UL)
- GPRS – Max 107Kbps (DL)/Max 85.6Kbps (UL)
- EDGE – Max 296Kbps (DL)/Max 236.8Kbps (UL)
- 2x mini SIM card slots with automatic switchover
- 4x SMA antennas, 2-in-1 Mobile/GNSS SMA antenna
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet WAN port
- 4x Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- Dual-band 802.11b/g/b/n/ac/ax WiFi 6
- 2475 Mbps (5 GHz) and 591 Mbps (2.4 GHz) MU-MIMO
- 8x RP-SMA antennas
- GNSS support
- USB – 1x USB port
- Serial – 1x RS232, 1x RS485 via terminal blocks
- Expansion – 2-pin digital input and open collector output (via power connector)
- Reset button
- LEDs for Power, Wi-Fi, GPS, Mobile Status, Mobile Signal Strength, 2x WAN, 8x LAN
- Power Support – 8V to 32V via a 4-pin connector (Power, Ground, Digital input, Open collector output)
- Dimensions – 210 x 158 x 45 mm
- Weight – 1.07 kg
- Temperature Range – Operating: -30°C to 75°C; storage: -40°C to +80°C
The router runs the OpenWrt Linux operating system with support for OpenVPN, IPSeC, GRE, PPTP, L2TP, and Stunnel for secure data transmission, Modbus, MQTT, HTTP, and other IoT protocols, and Docker to run containers.
I had never heard about Queclink Wireless Solutions, but it’s a publicly-traded company listed on the Shenzhen stock market with almost a one billion dollar market cap. Additional information about the WR300FG 5G industrial router can be found on the product page and in the press release.
Thanks to TLS for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.