TQ-Embedded TQMxE41S is a SMARC 2.1 system-on-module (SoM) powered by an Intel Alder Lake-N Atom x7000E, Processor Nxxx, or Core i3 processor with a TDP ranging from 6W to 15W TDP, up to 16GB LPDDR5-4800 memory and up to 256GB industrial iNAND eMMC flash.
The Alder Lake-N system-on-module exposes two 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet, four PCIe, USB 3.2, and SATA through its 314-pin edge connector as per SMARC 2.1, while the 12th generation Intel UHD Graphics in the SoC supports AVX256 and advanced AI instruction sets (VNNI) making it suitable for fast AI inferencing and media transcoding. The company expects the module to be integrated into applications in healthcare, IoT, industry/robotics, retail, and video & conferencing.
TQEmbedded TQMxE41S specifications:
- Alder Lake-N SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Core i3-N305 – 8C/8T, (1.8 – 3.8 GHz); 6 MB Smart Cache, 15W TDP or 9W cTDP, 32 EU, Intel UHD Graphics (up to 1.25 GHz)
- Intel Atom x7425E – 4C, (1.5 – 3.4 GHz); 6 MB Cache, 12W TDP, 24 EU, Intel UHD Graphics (up to 1.00 GHz)
- Intel Atom x7413E – 2C, (1.7 – 3.2 GHz); 16 EU, RT, 10W TDP
- Intel Atom x7411E — 2C, (1.0 – 3.2 GHz); 16 EU, RT, 12W TDP
- Intel Processor N200 — 4C/4T, (1.0 – 3.7 GHz); 6 MB Cache, 32 EU, Intel UHD Graphics (up to 750 MHz), 6W TDP
- Intel Processor N97 — 4C, (2.0 – 3.6 GHz); 6 MB Cache, 24 EU, Intel UHD Graphics (up to 1.20 GHz), 12W TDP
- Intel Processor N50 — 2C, (1.0 – 3.4 GHz); 6 MB Cache, 16 EU, Intel UHD Graphics (up to 750 MHz), 6W TDP
- System Memory – Up to 16GB LPDDR5 w/ In-Band-ECC option (for the Atom processors)
- Up to 256 GB Industrial iNAND eMMC
- 1x SATA Gen3 (up to 6Gb/s)
- 32kbit EEPROM
- Display interfaces
- 1x eDP up to 4Kp60 or 18/24-bit dual-channel LVDS
- 1x DP++ up to 4Kp60
- 1x DP++ or HDMI up to 4Kp60
- Camera – 2x MIPI-CSI-2 ports (limited SW support)
- Networking – 2x 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet via Intel i226 controllers
- USB – 2x USB 3.2 Gen2 (up to 10 Gb/s) and 6x USB 2.0
- 4x PCIe Gen3 (up to 8 Gb/s per Lane)
- 1x eSPI (standard) or SPI (assembly option)
- 1x SPI (for external UEFI BIOS flash)
- 1x I2C
- 1x SMBus
- 4x Serial port (2x 16550, 2x HS-UART)
- 14x GPIO, incl. fan-control
- Security – TPM 2.0 (SLM9670)
- Misc – TQMx86 board controller w/ WDT and flexiCFG Hardware monitor
- Power Supply
- Main Voltage – 4.75V to 5.25V
- Standby Voltage – 4.75V to 5.25V
- RTC Battery Voltage – 3V
- 3 to 12 W power consumption
- Dimensions – 82 x 50 mm (SGeT SMARC 2.1 compliant)
- Temperature Range – 0°C to 60°C
Supported operating systems include Windows 10, Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2021 LTSC, Windows 11 (“restricted support”), and Linux. There’s a work-in-progress support website that should eventually include the BIOS, tools, and drivers download links as well as a getting started guide, but at this time it’s more or less empty.
TQ-Embedded did not provide pricing and availability information at this time, but you may request further information via the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.